Spudgrandma's Thoughts on Quilting & Life!

I'm Ready for Fall!

It felt more like summer than September.  It was 100 again today and the desert is dry and hot. They are working on the road so I stayed home, I did not want to sit out in a line waiting to be let through.  The worked at the end of our lane yesterday afternoon and this morning and it was really stinky but we now have a nice new road bed and I guess that is a good thing.

I did get the deck stain finished and some cleaning done. I worked on the quilt frame a little,  so I feel like I accomplished something.

I'm ready for fall, I love fall when the the days are cool and nights are starting to get cold, quilt weather what could be better?.

Comments

Carol said:

Hi Spudgrandma,

We finally had about a week of what I call summer weather. This week has been warm in daytime and cool at night. I love fall and hope it lasts straight through till spring- which it wont.

Nice thought though

Carol

# September 3, 2009 4:35 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Wouldn't that be wonderful Carol.  I too love fall and that would be perfect to just skip winter. I always say if I want snow and cold its not a very long drive LOL

# September 3, 2009 4:38 PM

Stephanie said:

I'm with you Spud, I'm sooo tired of heat and rain and $400 electric bills to keep cool. we caught a little break this morning it was in the mid 70's but only until about 9am. I went to our local quilt store today. They had a few beautiful fall prints from wilminton. I think the line was Lovely as a Tree. I hope they haven't sold out of them before I can collect a few.  I'm happy to hear that you were able to finish staining your deck. I bet it looks awesome and it's one of those improvements that will last a while.

# September 3, 2009 5:51 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Stephanie,

I hope you are able to get some of the fall prints. I hope you will share when you make something with them.

I am glad I got the deck done.  I still have the little bridge and the wooden sidewalk to do but I will just do them as I can.

We could sure use some of your cool weather here, it is after 11 and it is still 80, I am so ready for fall - I guess I said that already LOL

# September 4, 2009 12:11 AM

Anita said:

I'm with you Spud, I'm sooo tired of heat and $ 200 electric bills to keep cool.  But our heat here in NV is different then yours. Don't know what rain is.

love fall ,hate snow.

# September 4, 2009 12:22 AM

Helen Bell said:

I love all the different seasons and hubby is saying that we are taking our boat to the Caribbean for the winter months..we are heading out on Wednesday Sept 9 and taking it as far as Norfolk VA til January and then on to the Bahamas this winter and leaving it there and then next winter we will go back and move it again...I like being on the boat and I said it will be fine as long as I get Christmas and new years in the north...January to April we will be in the islands and then home to enjoy a warm summer here in Ontario, Canada...if we are lucky with the weather here

# September 4, 2009 12:18 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Helen, you boat trip sounds like fun. Do you have room to sew?

# September 4, 2009 2:55 PM

gini said:

helen   have a great trip    gini

# September 5, 2009 1:22 AM