Spudgrandma's Thoughts on Quilting & Life!

I'm Home

I'm so happy to be home.  I sure do love being with my grandkids, but I'm happy to be home and maybe get some rest.

We had a wonderful day yesterday.  I took the two boys to the fair. We wandered around and looked at the animals, then we went and watched the quality sheep show for awhile.  Then we went and had lunch and then went back to watch some more sheep.  My daughter's oldest, who is 5, got to show a sheep in the peewee  showman.  My daughter got off work a few minutes early and got to come and watch him show, I'm sure glad she did not miss it.  He got a ribbon, they all did, and he was so excited.  He did a really good job and of course grandma thought he was the cutest showman out there... LOL  He was still beaming this morning.

Comments

Spudgrandma said:

I almost forgot, I stopped on my way home and got the border fabric for my Fat 1/4 Breeze quilt so now all I have to do is find the time to get it pieced.

# July 31, 2009 7:09 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Well, we have not had air conditioning for about two weeks.  We finally decided before I left it was the thermostat. So, on the way home, I stopped and bought a new thermostat and we just installed it. So far so good. Keep your fingers crossed, cause it was rally hot here today and I would really like to get some sewing done, but not if it is this hot.

# July 31, 2009 10:26 PM

Anita said:

Spudgrandma, happy for you that you enjoyd your time with your grandkids.

Grandkids are the cutest.

Boy do I know when the A/C doesn't work. A coulpe a weeks back I had a problem with mine. That day is was 102.

# August 2, 2009 1:33 AM

Anita said:

Hello Spud Grandma,

Happy to see you had a great time with your grandkids.  Grandkids are the cutest.

Boy do I know what you mean about the A/c not working. Mine went on the blink a couple a week ago. That day it was 102.

# August 2, 2009 1:40 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Thanks Anita,

I did have a great time with the boys but I'm glad to be home.  I spent yesterday and today sewing and got a top almost done, need to sew the 6 blocks together and add the borders.

It was 106 here today, we just hid out in the house.  I have to manually turn the fan for the AC off at the breaker box but at least we did not completely melt.

# August 3, 2009 2:35 AM