Spudgrandma's Thoughts on Quilting & Life!

Ocean Quilt

Here is another crib quilt made with appliqued pieces from left over scraps from my children's clothes.  This was the last one I made. I cannot find a picture of the Farm scene or the fishing one.

Comments

Kris said:

I love it Spud. I'm all about appliqué right now (working on my first project) so it's great to see these quilts.

I like the greens very much

# July 27, 2009 9:25 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Thanks Kris, I am anxious to see your applique when you are done.  It is fun and I was just winging it, no pattern, just flying by the seat of my pants.

# July 27, 2009 11:21 PM

Linda Lou said:

Spudgrandma

You fly exceptionaly well by the seat of your pants!!!  Very, very nice quilt.

Linda Lou

# July 28, 2009 4:04 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Thank You Linda, I appreciate your kind words

# July 28, 2009 5:19 PM

Joyce Brenden said:

Love your Oceans quilt.  Was it made for anyone in particular?  My latest project is an applique quilt, too and kind of a "seat of the pants" experiment as well. I got to spend the whole day today working on it, but decided to stop and make sure I liked the block placement before sewing rows together.  It's up on the design wall so I can "study on it" for awhile.

# July 28, 2009 6:15 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Joyce,

I'm glad you liked it!

I made this for my youngest grandson.  I made them each of the 7 a variation of this quilt. They all had the 2.5" squares and the applique but were all diffrent, there was a farm scene, Noah's Ark, fishing, the Ocean.  They were a lot of fun, but we are done, no more grandbabies.

I hope you will post a picture of yours when you are done.

# July 28, 2009 6:33 PM

Thea said:

They are so cute - Spud - you did great!  Big pat on back!

God bless,

Althea

# July 28, 2009 7:05 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Thanks Althea, I really enjoyed doing them.

# July 28, 2009 11:08 PM

Pam said:

That's so very cute.  I can't wait to have grandkids, so I can make really cute stuff for them!!!

Great job!

# July 29, 2009 1:45 PM

Anita said:

Love your Ocean quilt . Love the Colors. Great job on the Applique. How long did it take you to make it?

How  did you  finish the top? So many questions.

Anita

# August 1, 2009 12:55 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Pam,

Grandkids are the best.  We should all just skip the kids and go straight to the grands...

But, you know there is nothing stopping you from planning all that you will make when you do have them.... :)

# August 3, 2009 2:39 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Anita,

Thank you for the compliment.  I'm not sure how long it took, I made 7 of them in a couple of years.  Are 7 grandchildren were born in just over 3 years, so, they really kept grandma busy there for awhile.  I'm going to start on their big bed quilts here soon.

# August 3, 2009 2:43 AM

bgcald@triad.rr.com said:

Tell me if you have ever made the quilt named "Under the Sea"??  Wold love to discuss the contrast of fabrics. Barb

# August 3, 2009 7:21 AM

Sandy H. said:

Spud, love this quilt.  Very special since was made from your children's clothes.  That's what I like about quilting -- tying the old into the new.  Very nice job.

# August 3, 2009 8:20 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Barb, I have not made that quilt. The only quilts I have made are the crib quilts and quillows, and the two I'm working on now. I would love to see yours, I hope you will post a picture.

# August 11, 2009 12:58 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sandy!

# August 11, 2009 12:59 AM