Spudgrandma's Thoughts on Quilting & Life!

Ready to go for a test drive!

I had a very productive day.  I finished installing the QCC on my frame, put the machine on and took it for a dry run (no thread.)  I think I have all the cords corralled and I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself; it is hard when you have no idea what everything is supposed to look like and how it is supposed to work, but I do think I figured it out.

I’m going to try and get a practice sandwich together tonight and then maybe do some piecing.  I think I will wait until tomorrow to try out the machine and frame, I make really stupid mistakes when I’m tired.

I sure hope it cools off here soon, I need to get out there and get some water going but its too hot to drag hoses so I will have to wait.  This triple digit weather is getting really old.

God Bless!

T Lynn - SW Idaho

Comments

Scooter said:

Hi Spudgandma, I am sure you will have lots of fun with your new toy. and play lots and lots. I always say not mistakes only learning curves........ Or trying out different ways to approach a situation and then I will choose the best one.  The only thing is that some times I forget which was the better way.  We are in winter and would love some of that hot weather.  We are also praying for rain we are in a drought.  I think our water catchments are about 26% full. We are on water restrictions only able to water plants on certain days for one hour at a time with a hand held hose.  Well I must go and do some hand sewing.  Only the binding to go and then I will post.

Cheers from down under

Scooter

# July 24, 2009 1:13 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Scooter,

I love that "no mistakes only learning curves"  I do have a lot of learning curves though LOL

Sorry to hear about your drought, I live on the desert so we are normally dry here.

I look forward to seeing your quilt when  you are finished.

Thanks

T Lynn - SW Idaho

# July 24, 2009 10:39 AM

Stephanie said:

Spudgrandma, I'm so excited for you, to finally have eveything ready to go and I too liked what Scooter said about the Learning Curves. Let us know how the test drive goes...

# July 25, 2009 8:04 AM

Kris said:

Have fun Spud. I had some trouble with the QCC when I first got it but their customer service is great. THey suggested putting the machine on a pad to cut down on vibration which makes the unit go bonkers. Make sure all the wheel spin when you move the machine back and forth and side to side if they don't (my problem) wrap small rubber bands around the wheels to help them maintain contact with the rails at all times.

I live for learning curves since I usually dive right in with little practice.

# July 25, 2009 10:31 AM

Spudgrandma said:

Thanks Stephanie, I'm excited also.  I'm not going to get to try it out for at least a week. I am going to get my grandsons tomorrow and will have them for the week, so I will have to put things away and cover temptations LOL

# July 25, 2009 2:40 PM

Spudgrandma said:

Kris,

Thank you so much for the tips on the QCC.  I may just put the pad under just in case, I have not loaded my practice quilt yet so it would make sense to put the pad on prior to that. I did take it for a dry run (no thread and no quilt) and it seemed to work okay, I thought the machine sounded really fast when I thought I was moving quite slow, but we will see.

Again Kris, Thank you so much for the heads up.

# July 25, 2009 2:43 PM

Kris said:

Spud, I was having that problem. My machine would run really fast no matter how slow I moved it and the stitches weren't even. The customer service rep said vibration could cause that and the uneven stitches were a result of the little wheels not making contact consistently.

I got email showing you asked but for the life of me I can't find where you posted. I have a Babylock QCP on a Magic frame from New Joy. They were a package deal.

# July 25, 2009 9:35 PM