The Journey continues

Here is a pic of the corner part of the larger block to see in comparison. I have also finished the green and white four patches and the rest of sns except for cutting them down.  The blocks should get easier from here, that is until I have to do the same thing for the triangle blocks that fit in the border as well. They have slight curves so I probably won't get by with any rotary cutting.

I am down to working on the final border. Right now, the corner blocks,  which in the picture consists of where the purple plaid square and the three surrounding as pictured below. The plaid has been changed to white in the plan, but I couldn't see printing out another copy and wasting four sheets of ink for color photo.These will finish at about sixteen inches square and as you can see there is a lot going on in this block. I have marked this block into do able sections further explained some tips in another one of my blog posts about designing a quilt with EQ6.As you can see I still have a long way to go.

Published Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:33 PM by Stephanie

Comments

# re: The Journey continues@ Monday, August 23, 2010 3:06 PM

stephanie, is this "block" you made the corner of your dahlia quilt?  cool, i can't wait to see the final project.       gini

by gini

# re: The Journey continues@ Monday, August 23, 2010 3:30 PM

Yes it is Gini, and they're are triangle blocks with the same pattern coming from the center of each border.

# re: The Journey continues@ Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:22 AM

I love your color combinations and the quilt pattern is amazing. Did you make this up yourself or did you have a pattern? Great job either way! I found a great website called http://www.toadusew.com they have all types of unique and creative downloadable quilt patterns and a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything even fabric.  If you are ever looking for some creative quilt patterns or just want to be inspired you should check this site out!

by Anonymous

# re: The Journey continues@ Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:30 PM

Emma,

I used EQ6 and combined blocks and placements and made unique borders for this. Thank you for the compliments. It is definitely an original.

# re: The Journey continues@ Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:43 PM

Very pretty Steph, it will be wonderful when you get it all pulled together!

# re: The Journey continues@ Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:03 PM

Thank you Spud.

# re: The Journey continues@ Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:14 PM

Love the colors! Can't wait to se it when it is done!!!

by Dawn

# re: The Journey continues@ Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:25 PM

Stephanie I love this it is a beautiful combination of colors.

# re: The Journey continues@ Thursday, September 2, 2010 6:08 PM

I have finished one corner block and hopefully the other 3 tomorrow. I had a temporary stepback, (life got in the way)Lol, but the templates and photo printing comparison have worked out perfectly so far for this block so I am forging ahead and will post pic's ASAP.