Jenny's quilt is Finished
This quilt is for my sister and has been about conquering fears and perservence. A lot of firsts went into this for me. FMQ, mitered borders, using spray basting, using a stich in ditch foot, and quilting a queen size plus quilt on a home sewing machine with a throat space of 7 1/2 inches. Honestly, I didn't think it could be free motion quilted and I am amazed that it could. It wasn't easy getting into the center with all the bulk and having any space to really let go which is why I suppose my quilting was so close together. It took in excess of 50 hours just to quilt the top and finish the binding, most of which was spent readjusting for the next area. I decided just to ditch stitch the borders and I really got some good practice in. If my piecing skills had been better I would have like this quilt finished in the ditch. I want to thank everyone for their encouragement along the way. Had it not been for all of you this quilt may still be a UFO. I cannot thank you enough.