Jenny's quilt is Finished

This quilt is for my sister and has been about conquering fears and perservence. A lot of firsts went into this for me. FMQ, mitered borders, using spray basting, using a stich in ditch foot, and quilting a queen size plus quilt on a home sewing machine with a throat space of 7 1/2 inches. Honestly, I didn't think it could be free motion quilted and I am amazed that it could. It wasn't easy getting into the center with all the bulk and having any space to really let go which is why I suppose my quilting was so close together. It took in excess of 50 hours just to quilt the top and finish the binding, most of which was spent readjusting for the next area. I decided just to ditch stitch the borders and I really got some good practice in. If my piecing skills had been better I would have like this quilt finished in the ditch. I want to thank everyone for their encouragement along the way. Had it not been for all of you this quilt may still be a UFO. I cannot thank you enough.

Published Sun, Jun 13 2010 1:07 PM by Stephanie

Comments

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:30 PM

Very pretty, you did a wonderful job.  I bet your sister will love this.  Congrats on conquering your fears.

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:56 PM

amazing !!!

by Adele

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:28 PM

Steph, I love your fabric selection for this quilt.  It is beautiful!  Great job.

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:50 PM

beautiful, you have one lucky sister   gini

by gini

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Monday, June 14, 2010 7:06 AM

It's gorgeous Stephanie. Colours are lovely and work really well with this pattern.

Kudos to you for your perseverance and getting it done.

by Kris

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Monday, June 14, 2010 9:20 AM

Stephanie - Great pattern, excellent fabrics that make all the different elements pop.  Your sis is one lucky person.  Pat yourself on the back:-)

by Kathy D

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Monday, June 14, 2010 9:57 AM

Stephanie your quilt is stunning.  You have done an excellent job.  WTG.

by Nana

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:10 AM

Love the color and the pattern you used very good job. I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative. In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

by Anonymous

# re: Jenny's quilt is Finished@ Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:57 PM

Stephanie,

Your quilt is beautiful.  I love the mitered borders and your fabric selection.

by Dale