Dahlia, Attaching the flower
I have attached the flower to the first border. Going against the plan of doing more y seams (not that they were difficult) I have made a teflon template without the seam lines and pressed the edges of the flowers so that I could put the flower on a more solid background. I think it will look better than another circle and all the extra seams. I have also opted using a metallic thread to applique a machine stitch around the edges of the flower. Very time consuming, and the jury is still out on whether of not I did the right thing. I'm not sure I like the metallic pink against the particular shade of green.