Some of my quilts in progress

These are some of my quilts in progress.

Published Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:50 PM by Stephanie

Comments

# re: Some of my quilts in progress@ Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:26 PM

Stephanie your quilts are gorgeous.  I love the fabrics you used in your MQ and the embroidered animals are so pretty.  Also love the pattern and fabrics in the first one..fantastic quilts.

by Nana

# re: Some of my quilts in progress@ Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:29 PM

stephanie, i love the way you use color   your quilts are very striking      gini

by gini

# re: Some of my quilts in progress@ Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:21 PM

Thank you Nana and Gini for the wonderful compliments.

The fabrics in the MQ were Benartex called Splendid Holiday and the first one, which is the one I just got the borders mitered and ready to sandwich is from Moda called Portobello Market. I think I posted in Show and tell what magazine the pattern was from and will find it if you think you might like to make it.

# re: Some of my quilts in progress@ Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:29 PM

Stephanie - lovely work.  Did you embroider the animals?  They are gorgeous.  And I take it the flower quilt is MQ1??  I have hunted around for photos of what you did but this is the first one (I think) that I have found.  Keep 'em coming gal:-)

by Kathy D

# re: Some of my quilts in progress@ Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:50 AM

Thank you Kathy. Yes I did embroider the animals. They were a true labor of love with most have at least 25 color changes. They were from a cd called exotic andimals and I believe the artists name is Jim Hartman.

The floral is MQ1. I had originally intended to make a king size quilt but the fabric is so beautiful that I have stalled because I'd like to do another pattern that would showcase the beautiful bouquets a little more.

# re: Some of my quilts in progress@ Friday, January 21, 2011 10:03 PM

Stephanie

What a quilt show I got to see tonight. I am so lucky to get my own showing. Thank you. To get to see MQ, the animals you embroidered, gorgeous, everything. And you tackle everything with such cool, calm! Oh, I admire you! Marlene

by mars92