Thread isn't just thread when it's Aurifil!
Established in 1983, AurifilTM is an accomplished Italian company based
in Milano with a full-grown experience in producing superior quality
cotton threads for professional and domestic quilters.
Did you know?
- You can follow Aurifil on Facebook! You'll be inspired by projects made with Aurifil thread, learn about new products and get updates on their 2011 Designer of the Month event!
- Aurifil has a brand-new, really cool i-Phone app! (and you can use it on your i-Pad or i-Pod, too!)
- Aurifil has over 250 thread colors!
- Alex Veronelli - Product Manager for Aurifil - is a member of the QCA website! Why not "friend" him?
- Aurifil has been a QCA sponsor for two years!
Win one of these THREE DESIGNER THREAD KITS!
Here's how to enter:
It's pretty simple! You have two options - but you can only do one! You can either:
1) Upload a picture in the QCA Show & Tell Gallery of you (or spouse, friend, pet or just your hand) pointing to where you will display one of the above Aurifil Designer Thread Collections should you win. AND (very important) select the "My Sewing Space" tag under the heading QCA Fun. This photo must be placed and correctly tagged between January 4, 2011 and January 31, 2011 midnight EST. If you need a refresher, here are instructions on how to upload and tag Show & Tell Gallery images.
If you are camera shy, you can instead:
2) Write a short poem in the comments section below about why you should or would like to win one of the Aurifil Designer Thread Collections shown above. It must be at least four lines long and posted between January 4, 2011 and January 31, 2011 midnight EST. If you are having writer's block, why not start with "Roses are red ...."
And the winners are .....
Drum roll please! We have selected the three winners by entering each entry name once into a numbered list and using random.org's "true random number generator" to select the number. If you are one of teh winners, please email your full name and address to QCA Peg. Congratulations, everyone!
Steff has won the Marianne Byrne's Country Threads Collection.
pathiggins has won Mark Lipinski's The Intermediate Collection.
dix510 has won Pat Sloan's Favorite Colors Collection.
And the Aurifil's Choice award goes to ...
feffertim who has won Edyta Sitar's A Few of My Favorite Threads Collection.
Here is feffertim's winning poem:
How to overcome the guilt
When all I want to do is quilt
How to make myself fix food
When I am only in the mood
To sit and sew,and piece and press
That's all I want I must confess
Does my husband need clean socks
Wait, I'm working on my blocks
Put the lid on my machine
So that I can go and clean ?
I think not, I'd rather sew.
But theres one thing that I know
I just really love the thrill
Of sewing with my Aurifil
It would be a grand surprise
If I could only win this prize.
Picture me with my obsession
With Aurifil in my possession.