"Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg

Here is the latest quilt I am working on - I haven't quilted in 3 years due to chronic pain, but am making a quilt for my brother-in-law for his wedding and wanted to make sure I still knew how to quilt.  I saw this quilt in The Quilt Store in Westminster, Colorado and fell in love with it.  They had a class for it so I took it.  I am all done with the front, all I have to do is sandwich it, quilt it and the binding, but I think I will get his quilt done first before I do that.....

The quilt is called Convergence.  I fell in love with it because my favorite color is yellow and I love poppies!

Kelly Wintenburg

Comments

Nana wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 6:11 PM

Your quilt is so pretty.  Such a unique design.  I love the poppies as well....beautiful fabric.

Kris wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 7:07 PM

Beautiful quilt Kelly. You've done a great job.

BonnieMac wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 7:26 PM

I am intrigued with how the center of the quilt is proportioned with the "lines" going back and forth....that is really a great statement!  Nice job!

PATRICIAE wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 7:37 PM

Love this quilt.  Glad you're back quilting.  I have begun to have some "painful" quilting experiences of my own, but I keep finding ways to work around them.  I am too addicted to give up my quilting.

Patti wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 7:39 PM

very pretty, such beautiful poppies.  It will be a treasured wedding gift.

Dawn wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Monday, 11 October 2010, 10:43 AM

fantastic quilt!!!  I hope your pain goes away and that you can continue to quilt!!!  You did awesome!

Emma wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Monday, 11 October 2010, 11:40 AM

Very beautiful; I love convergence quilts! Your colors/fabrics are gorgeous. Praying your chronic pain goes away; is no fun to be hurting all the time...but am thankful you've been able to get back into a hobby that you love. Blessings to you and "the new couple".

Leslie wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 3:53 AM

Very pretty.

Barbara wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 5:53 AM

Very pretty,good job .Barbara

Pat wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 10:10 AM

Beautiful quilt.  I have never seen a pattern like this one.  Thanks for sharing.

jay-marie wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 1:10 PM

Kelly I love your quilt the colors are wonderful and I love poppies too.

Marge (AKA Dimples) wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 4:34 PM

Very intriguing pattern.  I don't think I have seen this style before .

Stephanie wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 4:55 PM

Kelly,

Beautiful quilt. Love the pattern.

gini wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Wednesday, 13 October 2010, 11:11 PM

kelly, i love these quilts and you have done a beautiful job   gini

yoda wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Thursday, 14 October 2010, 8:02 AM

Beautiful Quilt.

Karen Holler wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Wednesday, 20 October 2010, 6:28 PM

Beautiful!

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Thursday, 21 October 2010, 7:09 PM

Kelly~

This is beautiful. I've never seen this pattern before. I really like it and the fabrics are gorgeous. If your brother doesn't like it, you can always send it to me...lol.

Carole Ann wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Tuesday, 23 November 2010, 8:46 AM

Kelly, this quilt is unique and beautiful.  Where can I find this pattern?  I am a relatively newbie so I will have to take some time doing this quilt. it's gorgeous.

Carole Ann/Shasta Lake, CA

Alice wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Friday, 8 July 2011, 5:42 PM

Your quilt is beautiful.  It all "converges so well.

Linda wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Saturday, 5 November 2011, 10:29 PM

I love the design and fabric of this quilt. You did a beautiful job with it.

HagridsMom wrote re: "Convergence" by Kelly Wintenburg
on Friday, 18 October 2013, 6:20 PM

Convergence Quilts are from Ricky Tims - is that right for his name? Suddenly I am thinking it's not. Anyway - it's a strict proportion and can be done with any kind if fabric. His hand dyed squares are extremely impressive in this pattern but it works with almost anything. I was lucky enough to be at a gathering where he was introducing it  and had tons of samples and pictures of more. Someday I might even be able to use his fabric that I bought at the time.

I really like the way the pink and white blossoms look in the middle of your quilt Kelly. What will you do with it when done? (I am not seeing yellow on my monitor.) Enjoy finishing your brothers quilt and good luck with your pain issues.