"Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur

Two of my quilts.

The first is a churn dash I made  in 2007 for our bed. It was hand quilter by a very dear friend. It is very precious to me as my friend has now been registered partially sighted through Glaucoma.

The second quilt is a Christmas quilt. It was made from a kit. A friend in the US bought two block of the month quilts and gave me this one. I pieced the top in 2003 and only finished quilting it in timer to put it on the bed for Cristmas last year. I can do more quilting on it in the future if I want to.

Comments

gini wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 11:14 PM

anne, your quilts are beautiful.   love the churn dash, and your christmas quilt is lovely too.   where do you live?      gini

Dawn wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 9:05 AM

what pretty quilts! Love them!!!!

chocake2 wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 9:40 AM

Beautiful! I love the churn dash and the story of who quilted it.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 10:16 AM

I love your churn dash quilt! I've never done that technique, but yours is wonderful and I love the colors! Like the Christmas one too:)

Rhonda Carson wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 12:00 PM

Anne,  what lovely quilts!  The colors are great in each one of them.  What a special treasure the first one must be!

Isabella wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 2:53 PM

Love the churn dash quilt....I might do a similar one for our bed.

Isabella

Kris wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 9:42 PM

Gorgeous quilts Anne. I can't decide which I like more.

PATRICIAE wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 9:58 PM

I love the christmas quilt.  Any idea where the pattern can be found?

Bonita wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 10:54 PM

Beautiful work. Now I'm wanting to do Christmas one.

Wendy wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Thursday, 23 September 2010, 12:30 AM

How pretty I love them both

Stephanie wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Thursday, 23 September 2010, 3:52 AM

Anne,

I can't remember seeing a prettier churn dash quilt. I love the fabrics on the white background. The Christmas quilt is beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing.

Nana wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Thursday, 23 September 2010, 8:13 AM

Love the churn dash...one of my favorite patterns.  The Christmas quilt is beautiful and so cheerful.  Thanks for sharing.

Patti wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Friday, 24 September 2010, 2:43 AM

Very nice quilt.  I love the pattern.

Peg Phelan wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Friday, 24 September 2010, 1:19 PM

Really beautiful quilts.  I love the colors on the Churn Dash quilt.  And the Christmas Quilt is beautiful and I see some different patterns in it and love them.  Thanks for sharing.

Marie wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Saturday, 25 September 2010, 10:40 PM

absolutely georgous!  Love the Christmas quilt!  Great pattern.

jodekema wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Sunday, 26 September 2010, 8:43 AM

Beautiful quilts I love the Christmas Quilt. The churn dash is very pretty too!

Eileen wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Sunday, 26 September 2010, 5:20 PM

Anne, both quilts are lovely & sure to be treasured keepsakes.  Churn Dash sounds especially important to you given your friend's vision problems.

Kitty wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Monday, 27 September 2010, 5:24 AM

Both quilts are beautifull! Love the colours and love the patterns.

I always prefer the traditionel style anyway.

Annette wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 29 September 2010, 10:09 AM

Oh my, this is georgous, i am a new quilter and hope to someday be able to create such beautiful keepsakes as these.

Lola M wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Thursday, 7 October 2010, 10:40 PM

I love the way the churn dashes pop out with the white background.  Both quilts are beautiful.

Granny M wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 11:49 AM

both quilts are beautiful, I think I like the churn dash best. I think quilts with "history" always seem to have a unnamable somthing about them. I have noticed at shows that people are just drawn to them.  Hope yours becomes an heirloom.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Sunday, 10 October 2010, 1:32 PM

Anne, they are both beautiful.  I really like the Churn Dash cause it is scrappy!

Linderlucy wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Sunday, 17 October 2010, 11:24 AM

Both quilts are beautiful.  The colors are wonderful.  Love the story of the churn dash.

Loretta wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Wednesday, 23 November 2011, 7:57 AM

Anne, what beautiful quilts.  Lovely choice of colors and beautiful sewing and quilting.

ochoarichard@comcast.net wrote re: "Churn Dash" and "Christmas Quilt" by Anne Arthur
on Friday, 11 April 2014, 3:24 PM