"Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox

The name of this quilt is Home Sweet Home. This pattern is in the Book "Home Sweet Home" by Barb Adams and Alma Allen.

I wanted to give myself a appliqué and quilting challenge that I could quilt myself on my new long arm. I was so excited with the finished project. It was fun going through all my scraps and planning each block. This was a good way to use your scraps from your collection.

Tammy Wilcox
New York

Comments

Nana wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Thursday, 16 September 2010, 10:01 PM

Beautiful quilt.  I love the border.  Thanks for sharing.

softspiritwalker wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Thursday, 16 September 2010, 10:45 PM

Great job!  It is gorgeous!  My applique is so primitive that I can't imagine taking on such a project.  Dresden plates are more my speed, lol.

gini wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 1:48 AM

tammy you did a beautiful job on your quilt   gini

Leslie wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 8:05 AM

Tammy, I love your quilt, great job.

Rhonda Carson wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 10:48 AM

I love this quilt!!  You did an outstanding job on it!

Mary789 wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 11:09 AM

Terrific job Tammy!  I agree that applique is a good and fun way to use scraps.

Isabella wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 11:38 AM

What an incredible job....as we say back home...bellissimo!!!!

clam1203 wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 3:28 PM

beautiful quilt.  If I could do that kind of work I would show it off to. Maybe some day.

Tammy wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 4:48 PM

Thank you so much to all of you who shared your nice comments. I think that any work that someone does is beautiful. Every piece of artwork takes time and is worth sharing.

Kris wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 5:04 PM

Tammy, this is gorgeous. L love this pattern. Your fabrics work well together thanks for sharing.

Evelyn Matthews wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 5:04 PM

Beautiful quilt. I love house blocks and the border is great. Hope someday I can do as well.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 7:20 PM

Love it Tammy, you did a wonderful job.  What longarm do you have?

Tammy wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 8:16 PM

Spudgrandma, I have the Jewel by Babylock. I wish that someday I might be able to get the computer that you can attach to it for more fun options. This quilt is the first one that I did fussy quilting on the long arm and only the fourth quilt that I have done. It is a lot of fun if you get over the fear of it. Just like any new machine. Thank you for your nice comment.

Jutta wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Monday, 20 September 2010, 2:39 PM

Tammy, I love your quilt. Everything harmonizes with each other. Just beautiful.

Jutta

Adele wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Monday, 20 September 2010, 9:08 PM

OMG i just LOVE LOVE LOVE your quilt. you did an amazing job on it

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 4:03 PM

This is your fourth quilt?????? That is amazing. It's a beautiful quilt. thanks for sharing.

Patti wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Friday, 24 September 2010, 2:25 AM

I love the combination of piecing and applique.  This shows that some patterns are best done with scraps.  Wonderful!

MARGIEW-2 wrote re: "Home Sweet Home" by Tammy Wilcox
on Tuesday, 7 December 2010, 3:47 PM

I really like this quilt. I wasn't sure if I would like to do houses but this one was great.