"Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter

This quilt was 3 years in the making... I simply couldn't decide a pattern or a layout.  I had found the fabric and loved the colors, it really called my son's name to me.  Finally I dreamed the pattern one nite and within a few days this top was completed.  I named the quilt "Castles in the Air".  I have made a dozen quilts this summer, but this one remains my favorite.

Comments

Nana wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Thursday, 16 September 2010, 10:00 PM

Marie I love this quilt.  The fabrics and design are gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing.

gini wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 1:47 AM

marie, i can see why it is your favorite, it is beautiful  love the colors you used     gini

Pat wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 7:35 AM

Beautiful quilt and the design is unique.  Thanks for sharing

Leslie wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Friday, 17 September 2010, 8:03 AM

So pretty.

Carol wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 7:01 AM

This quilt is absolutely beautiful.  I just love the colors.  You are very talented.  Was it a hard pattern to make?  I am a fairly new quilter.  Most of what I have done is embroidered quilt tops and then quilting them to backing.

softspiritwalker wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 12:55 PM

Carol, the quilt was not difficult.... there is no pattern persay... go to block central.com and do a search for "castles in the air" (that is the central blocks).  I put them against white so they would "float".  The rest are just "flying geese" blocks in the inner border, and then borders.  I am sure if you just take your time you could make one yourself.  Thanks so much for the compliment. Marie

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 4:08 PM

This is beautiful. I love the colors and the design. Very nice indeed.

Patti wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Friday, 24 September 2010, 2:21 AM

What a great pattern for those fabrics.  Well done.

Vicky L. Birden wrote re: "Castles in the Air" by Marie Clutter
on Monday, 4 October 2010, 3:09 PM

Absolutely gorgeous quilt.  I love the color combinations.  Looks like one I would like to try.