"Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall

Our daughter, Chantelle is deployed to Iraq.  Prior to leaving Camp Shelby, MS in August, each soldier in the unit was given a 12x16 inch pillow from "Pillows for Patriots".  I made a pillow case for each of the soldiers  in patriotic colors.  The unit is the 151st Expeditionary Signal Battalion with the South Carolina National Guard out of Camden, SC.

The picture shown is me with the 118 pillow cases I made for the unit.

Debi Lingwall

Comments

Libby wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Saturday, 11 September 2010, 10:29 PM

Great job, nice memento to know they are thought of and to show appreciation for what they do. I have been helping a mother in the area, who is making pillowcases for her son's ship for Christmas. She has promised a total of 5,000 pillowcases for the soldiers. She has had a few mother's in different areas of the country helping out. Big undertaking when you think of 5,000 yards of fabric, boxes for shipment, and postage. Libby.

gini wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Saturday, 11 September 2010, 11:23 PM

nice work debi, and so thoughtful, thanks for helping support out soldiers   gini

Kris wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 5:25 AM

Thanks you for all you do Debi. I pray your Chantelle returns to you safely.

Nana wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 7:57 AM

What a fantastic gift.   I pray that your DD returns safely.

Eileen wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 9:57 AM

Debi, Kudos to you for doing something so "simple" yet so meaningful to each soldier. I'm sure to your daughter - and all the soldiers - this is a touching gesture & they will remember this for a long time.   (Making one pillowcase is simple enough but I know making almost 200 took a lot of time!)

Eileen wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 10:01 AM

Oops! I misread the number you made. Still, over 100 took a lot of time & they're all great. Instant decorating for their barracks, too :-)

Mary789 wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 10:34 AM

The pillowcases are going to make such a thoughtful and unique gift; those who receive them are surely going to appreciate them.  Thank you for your daughter's service for our country.

Katie wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 1:58 PM

WOW!!!  You must have a very PROUD daughter.  Kudos for you.  What a wonderful thing to do

Julie wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 5:19 PM

Debi

What a salute to the people protecting our very freedom...nicely done.

Libby wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 8:14 PM

I reread my post, guess I shouldn't have written that late at night. I think I left a sentence or two out.  What an undertaking it was, I can't imagine organizing or following through a project on that scale. Kudos to you for your dedication and support of your daughter and our troops. Thank you for all you do. Libby

Roberta wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 11:42 PM

What a great job you did and for a good cause we need to support our troups as much as we can.

Suzette wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Monday, 13 September 2010, 8:27 AM

What a wonderful thing to take on for the soliders.  I am sure they will enjoy them

Suzette

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Monday, 13 September 2010, 12:46 PM

What a worth while cause. Each soldier will have a little bit of home with them. Thanks to all who fight for our country.

rene.mabry wrote re: "Pillow Cases for Patriots" by Debi Lingwall
on Wednesday, 29 September 2010, 2:21 PM

Beautiful pillow cases,I have a grandson in QTAR now. Pray for him, he will be in USA in two weeks. I am 80 yrs young,likes,quilting,crafts,sewing clothes,give gifts that I have made. My sweet husband passed away seven years ago,live with my daughter and husband,Belton tx. HEALTHY****HAPPY********

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.