"Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder

Back in the Fall of 2004, I took the Starting From Scratch class at www.quiltuniversity.com.  I completed the quilt top in the class, but I didn't want to hand quilt it (which is what was taught in the class) and I wasn't very good at quilting on my tabletop machine, so the quilt top sat in my closet for several years.

My dear husband gave me a Tin Lizzie longarm machine for my birthday this year and after a couple of practice quilts I decided to take on the Starting from Scratch quilt.  Unfortunately, I accidentally did the pantograph quilting upside down.  I realized my mistake after I had finished the first row of the pattern, and after stewing about it for a month or two I decided to finish the quilting upside down and hope no one noticed.  I'm very happy with how it turned out, despite the upside down quilting and it adds lots of color to my sewing studio!

Comments

gini wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Saturday, 11 September 2010, 11:20 PM

patti it is a beautiful quilt i love your colors the pattern is very cool too.  you are probably the only one who will notice the upside-down pattern.   great job     gini

Nana wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 7:54 AM

Beautiful Quilt.  If you hadn't said anything I would never have noticed that the quilting is upside down.

Eileen wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 10:05 AM

Patti, this is very pretty! As Gini & Nana said, we probably wouldn't notice the quilting is upside down! We're very good at seeing our own errors! LOL    Glad you were able to "let go" of what felt like a mistake to you & keep on quilting it so you could hang it with pride :-)

Mary789 wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Sunday, 12 September 2010, 10:19 AM

I really like the way the colors and the pattern.  I'm sure it looks very nice in your studio.  Congratulations on learning how to use your new machine so quickly :)

Hannatine wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Monday, 13 September 2010, 12:16 AM

Patti - Love the colors and the pattern.  You have a wonderful Hubby to surprise you with a longarm.

Patti wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Wednesday, 15 September 2010, 6:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

rickidee14 wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 4:14 PM

Good 4 u 4 completing the quilt  finished is better than perfect!!  Beautiful quilt only u know the quilting is upside down!

Stephanie wrote re: "Love of Sewing" quilt by Patti Linder
on Wednesday, 22 September 2010, 6:00 PM

Patti,

Your quilt turned out wonderful. I really like the pattern! And heaven's yes, the girls are so right. I would have never known even looking up close that your quilted pattern was upside down. Kudo's for finishing it and turning it into  a beautiful finished quilt. And great big yahoo for getting a Tin Lizzie for your birthday!!!!