"You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman

Graduation quilt for my niece.  She asked for International Orange and Lime Green.  It came out better than I might have thought.

Comments

Kelley wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 2:08 PM

Wow very bright .. Very nice .. Great Job...

Eileen wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 2:21 PM

Good for you, Jane, for sticking to those colors your niece asked for! The pattern is great - I love the movement through the quilt. Thanks for sharing :-)

gini wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 3:52 PM

jane  it turned out wonderful   i love bright colors   gini

Barbara wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 4:48 PM

Jane what a wonderful and bright Quilt ,I'm sure your neice will love it. Barbara

chocake2 wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 5:40 PM

OH WOW! How beautiful! It makes me think of my flower garden!

Stephanie wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 9:07 PM

Jane,

I love bright colors too. You did an amazing job with this. What a lovely gift for your niece.

Spudgrandma wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 9:24 PM

Very pretty Jane, I bet your niece will love it!

Kris wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 10:53 PM

You did a fantastic job with this Jane. Nice bright quilt, the colours really work.

Pat wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Monday, 23 August 2010, 7:32 AM

Good job, love the color combination.  Makes me want to wake up to new colors instead of the traditional ones.  Thanks for sharing.

Nana wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Monday, 23 August 2010, 8:12 AM

Beautiful quilt.  I really like the way the colors work together and the pattern is fantastic.  Thanks for sharing.

Debra wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Monday, 23 August 2010, 11:41 AM

Very nice quilt

Adele wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Tuesday, 24 August 2010, 10:08 AM

Great job shes going to LOVE it

Patti wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Thursday, 26 August 2010, 8:09 AM

wonderful quilt, colors and pattern.  I really like the choice of colors, and then the variations within those colors.  Really makes it flow.  If just straight orange and green it would not have been the same.  Kind of like the difference between a cloudy day, or dappled sunlight.  From now on when doing two color quilts, I will vary the shades/fabrics within the colors.

Patricia wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Thursday, 26 August 2010, 8:15 AM

WOW!! Who would have thought these colors would look so amazing together! I absolutely love this pattern too!!

maxine wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Friday, 27 August 2010, 1:26 AM

The wonderful pattern you chose to use with the two chosen colors is a compliment to your excellent skills as a quilter. Great work!

Roxanna wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Saturday, 28 August 2010, 9:34 AM

WOW! That turned out amazingly gorgeous! She'll treasure it always.

MNnancy wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Monday, 30 August 2010, 6:55 PM

What an interesting pattern!  Did you design that?  I'll bet your niece is thrilled!

jhillm wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Thursday, 2 September 2010, 4:25 PM

Thank you all for such lovely comments.

The pattern that you have asked about is my own design.  It came about when the original idea for this quilt was Jacob's Ladder - often shown in two colors.  I found that after I had a good start on HST and 4 patches, that these two colors which do have high contrast are far to similar in value.  The Jacob's Ladder pattern didn't pop out, it all just muushed together.  So.......what to do with all those HST and 4-patch??????  After much trial and error.........this.    Jane

Diane Morgan wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Thursday, 2 September 2010, 5:13 PM

Very nice! I love the way your eyes just follow the design. I'm sure your niece will love it.

Kathy wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Saturday, 11 September 2010, 1:11 PM

EXCEPTIONAL!! love it, your niece is very lucky!!

Jan wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Wednesday, 15 September 2010, 5:56 PM

What a wonderful alteration of a quilt pattern - I just may have to try it myself! You have a much loved lucky neice.

Judi T wrote re: "You want which colors?" by Jane Hillman
on Friday, 15 October 2010, 11:10 PM

Very nice!  I love the design and the colors work well!