"Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff

My husband gave me a Nook e-reader for my birthday. I loved it, but wanted a cover to protect it. Those from Barnes & Noble were expensive and not very pretty. So I made my own!

Comments

Eileen wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 2:22 PM

Great idea, Shirley - it's really pretty and practical.  Did you follow a pattern or make up your own?

gini wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 3:53 PM

nice job shirley, i'm interested to know if you made your own pattern too  gini

Barbara wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 4:51 PM

Shirley,were good job,I  have not thought of making cover s for readers . I make book covers all the time. Great job..Barbara

Spudgrandma wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Sunday, 22 August 2010, 7:38 PM

Very pretty.  Did you use batting or something more cushionie?

Nana wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Monday, 23 August 2010, 8:13 AM

Really neat idea.  I love the fabric you chose.

Stephanie wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Monday, 23 August 2010, 10:04 AM

Really neat project .  Especially like your fabrics and special touches of name and decorative stitches.

Adele wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Tuesday, 24 August 2010, 10:06 AM

wow i think you did a amazing job on your Nook cover.

Shirley wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Tuesday, 24 August 2010, 11:28 AM

Thanks everyone! I made my own pattern and I did use a very thin cotton batting.

Kris wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Tuesday, 24 August 2010, 11:42 AM

I like it Shirley. Nice label.

I have  nook and I was thinking the same thing about the pricey covers. I made my own laptop bag and will make something for my nook.

Joni wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Wednesday, 25 August 2010, 4:54 PM

Please exactly waht is a nook e-reader?

Kris wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Wednesday, 25 August 2010, 7:43 PM

Joni it's a device from Barnes and Noble for reading electronic books.

Joni wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Thursday, 26 August 2010, 8:00 AM

Oh, that sound neat...are they very large? expensive?  Your can just take your book everywhere?  read everywhere?

Pat wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Thursday, 26 August 2010, 12:11 PM

Love the cover.  A Nook is on my Christmas wish list.  I noticed that there are a couple of varieties, is one better than the other?

Ms ElleGee wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Monday, 30 August 2010, 11:43 AM

That is too cute, It is on my list too, let us know how you like it and how you wound up picking that one over the others, b/c i drool all over them when i walk through the stores. Love the work you did on your label!

Laura

maddiekay wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Saturday, 4 September 2010, 7:22 PM

Shirley, your e-book cover is really top notch.  It looks better than a lot of them I've seen in the stores.  Congratulations. I have a Nook and love it.  It's from Barnes & Noble.  It's easy to upload from your computer. They offer some free books every week.  They also have several classics.

maddiekay wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Saturday, 4 September 2010, 7:22 PM

Bev St.Amant wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Sunday, 19 September 2010, 12:43 PM

Shirley, I just love the cover!  Now I have to go out an buy an E-Reader!! (I've been hinting for one but so far no such luck!)

Dominique wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Thursday, 23 September 2010, 9:49 PM

What a great idea!!

Susan N wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Friday, 24 September 2010, 9:43 AM

Nice cover! I just got the new Kindle 3 and really love it even more than I thought I would. It was a difficult decision wether to get a Nook or Kindle, but the new Kindle is lighter and I had a $50 Amazon.com gift card, so that was the deciding factor. I'm looking into covers and will probably eventually make one for my Kindle too.

robertap wrote re: "Nook E-Reader Cover" by Shirley Ratliff
on Wednesday, 13 October 2010, 9:26 AM

Very clever and practical.  I'm saving for an iPad;  I'll e incorporating your ideas into a cover when I get it.

Roberta