"4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes

A friend of mine was asking me about yoyos and I remembered that you can buy a yoyo maker now, so I picked one up to play with. Because it was June (the month before July 4th)  and I love patriotic quilts, this flag pattern popped into my head. There are 208 yoyos, I quilted it with over 400 small gold beads. My friends want me to copyright and sell the pattern. What do you think?

This is a shot of the back of the quilt:

Here's a close-up of the quilt label:

Blessings,

Marty Reyes

Comments

gini wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Sunday, 25 July 2010, 10:17 PM

marty, i think it is wonderfull    gini

CJ Hines wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Sunday, 25 July 2010, 11:05 PM

Marty--how clever! I love your yo-yo quilt.

Kris wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 1:02 AM

This is wonderful Marty. I think this pattern would definitely sell.

Leslie wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 5:33 AM

This is great Marty, love it.

Kelley wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 5:42 AM

Very nice.. Keep up the good work..

Stephanie wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 6:36 AM

Marty, You did a wonderful job designing and putting this together. I love how you implemented the cross and words. And the gold bead embellishment made a wonderful touch.

Pat wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 6:43 AM

Great quilt.  Thanks for sharing

Patti wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 7:18 AM

nice work.   I like how you used the beads.

rwilder@donet.com wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 8:19 AM

I think this is a winner.

Nana wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 9:07 AM

Marty I think your quilt is gorgeous.  I love the implementation of the cross and the wording.  I think  this pattern would definitely sell.   At the very least I would send it to some of the magazines and see what they think.

Cathy M wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 26 July 2010, 5:30 PM

How creative, it's so nice. Good luck, I think it would make a great pattern.

Adele wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Tuesday, 27 July 2010, 4:53 PM

wow so COOL great quilt

Twiggy wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Sunday, 1 August 2010, 1:01 PM

All quilters have fat quarters!

jay-marie wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Monday, 2 August 2010, 11:40 AM

I love your quilt I the words and beading are really special. Try sending your design off and let us know how it goes.

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Wednesday, 4 August 2010, 9:38 AM

Wow! Great design. You should try to copyright it. Just to let you know, it will take a few mouths to get anything back.  My cousin sent off song lyrics and he did not get anything back for three or more months so be prepared to wait. Good luck. I found a great website called http://www.toadusew.com they have all types of unique and creative downloadable quilt patterns and a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything even fabric.  If you are ever looking for some creative quilt patterns that you don’t want to make up yourself or just want to be inspired you should check this site out!

Gagoo wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Wednesday, 4 August 2010, 4:41 PM

beeautiful quilt. How did you quilt it with the beads, would love to see a close up of that.

quilter413@hotmail.com wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Saturday, 7 August 2010, 2:46 AM

Thanks for all the kind comments! It really was a fun quilt to do.  Gagoo, to answer your question  I  sewed the yoyos to each other then pinned the completed flag onto a completed quilt, bringing the thread up under a yoyo at  connecting point of 2 yoyos, I added the bead going through all layers of the quilt, then ran the stitch to the next intersection,I left about a 1/8" long stitch on the back (see back of quilt),. I thought it was going to look bad, but it looks like stars in the night sky, that was a surprise!

rwilder@donet.com wrote re: "4th of July Yo-Yo Flag Quilt" by Marty Reyes
on Thursday, 27 January 2011, 11:52 AM

I would love to buy this pattern.  Go for it girl!!