"T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie

I made this t-shirt quilt for my daughter; I had never made one so it was a learning experience.

Comments

Eileen wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Monday, 19 July 2010, 9:25 PM

Great quilt, Connie! I know how much work this was (made one for DH's nephew) but they sure are fun.  Looks like your daughter is a Fightin' Irish fan! Go, Notre Dame :-)

Nana wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Monday, 19 July 2010, 9:26 PM

Connie you did a beautiful job.  Love the quilt....and so many memories.

Leslie wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Monday, 19 July 2010, 9:32 PM

Great job Connie, Love it.

Gramma Di wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 11:23 AM

Very nice!!!  A t-shirt quilt is on my "to do" list.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Suzette wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 11:27 AM

Love the quilt.  I am looking closely because I want to make one for my son.  Wonderful work.

Nancy Mann wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 7:18 PM

I love your T shirt quilt!!  You did a great job.  I know your daughter loves it!

Kris wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 8:09 PM

Very nice Connie.

Nellie Heatherly wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 8:24 PM

very nice job... I admire our talent. plan to make one for my son one of these days. soon i hope.

Helen Bell wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 9:15 PM

very well done Connie...I want to make a T-shirt quilt for my daughter soon...she has so many building up

gini wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 20 July 2010, 10:38 PM

connie, great job     gini

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Wednesday, 21 July 2010, 9:38 AM

Great job! I have been thinking about making a t-shirt quilt.  What is something that you learn that could be helpful when I make one? Still need to get more t-shirt together I do not have enough yet. I love getting great ideas from other people. I get inspired by all of you!! Thank you.  You got to check out the great website I found called http://www.toadusew.com they have all types of unique and creative downloadable quilt patterns and a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything even fabric.  If you are ever looking for some creative quilt patterns or just want to be inspired you should check this site out!

raclsey@embarqmail.com wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Wednesday, 21 July 2010, 7:25 PM

I used iron on interfacing on all shirts before I cut out the logos, etc. Since the pieces were not uniform in size, I finally started using a basting stitch to join pieces until I was sure I had it right. If you are not sure what size you need, cut it larger and then trim off a little at a time.

parburton2001@yahoo.com wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Thursday, 22 July 2010, 9:17 AM

I absolutely love this quilt - I started a t shirt quilt for a friend but have never finished it.  This gives me the inspiration to finish it - thanks!

GEORGIANNAR wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Friday, 23 July 2010, 1:11 PM

Love the t-shirt,I also am going to make one,but had no idea on how to start. Thanks for the  picture .

Edna wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 27 July 2010, 11:18 PM

Great job. I've never made a t-shirt quilt. Would love to do so someday.

gerrie@eatel.net wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Tuesday, 3 August 2010, 2:50 PM

Very, very nice.  I love the way you put the quilts together.  I have made two t-shirt quilts; so I know the work involved.  I think they are a great gift for someone graduating high school or college or who has been in a particular sport or hobbie and has many memory shirts and doesn't want to part with them.  You've given me the inspiration to show mine.  Perhaps I'll take pictues and see if I can post them.  Again, beautiful job.

bobbilikestoquilt wrote re: "T-Shirt Quilt" by Connie
on Wednesday, 8 September 2010, 7:37 PM

Beautiful and very special. I started a t shirt quilt for a friend who lost his daughter in a car accident and all the blocks were coming out to different sizes. This gives me great ideas about ways to make the blocks usable.