"Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes

Hi.

I've been making birthday quilts for my friends as we all reach a certain age.   This is my latest birthday quilt for my friend Cindy, titled "Time for Tea". The teapots represent an event or person in her life and there are 36 of them because she will always be 36 to me!  The teapots are a mix of piecing, machine applique and fused applique with satin stitch edges, the designs for the various teapots came from 4 or 5 sources as did the cabinet.

The back of the quilt has signatures from family and friends that I turned into teacups and saucers.  The size is about 76 x 86.

Linda Stokes
Houston, Texas

Comments

Cathy M wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 7 July 2010, 9:41 PM

Looks like you've been busy, beautiful.

lovely work.

Cathy M.

Nana wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 7 July 2010, 10:45 PM

Linda this quilt is beautiful and so imaginative.   Love it.

Bonnie wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 7 July 2010, 11:08 PM

Linda - What a beautiful quilt and sooo very creative.  What an awesome job you did.

gini wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 7 July 2010, 11:35 PM

linda, what a special and beautiful quilt.    gini

Kris wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 7 July 2010, 11:49 PM

Linda, this is a wonderful gift. How thoughtful of you to do this. It will be cherished I'm sure.

Libby wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Thursday, 8 July 2010, 8:02 PM

Very nicely done and reversible. Great job and sure to be cherished for a long time.

Jaci Worth wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Thursday, 8 July 2010, 8:40 PM

Beautiful Job!  I love it.

Peggy Ann wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Thursday, 8 July 2010, 8:43 PM

My sister Nancy collects teapots and would love your creation.  How unique it is set in the outline of the dresser. What a bonus that it is reversible.

Patti wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Friday, 9 July 2010, 7:07 AM

wonderful quilt, front and back.  Both sides so clever.  Really like the signatures from friends on the cups.  Very well done.  So many beautiful tea pots!

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Monday, 12 July 2010, 10:41 AM

Wow that is really cool I love the clean look but it still has enough design to keep your eye for a while, great job!! Love all the tea pots designs! Did you come up with this idea on your own or did you have a pattern or other inspiration.  I get most of my inspiration from http://www.toadusew.com they have all types of unique and creative downloadable quilt patterns and a great selection of all types of kites, quilt patterns, just about everything.  If you are ever looking for some creative quilt patterns or just want to be inspired you should check this site out!

Suzette wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 14 July 2010, 9:43 AM

What a great idea for a present.  I love it

Ohiogal wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Sunday, 18 July 2010, 5:57 AM

I love this quilt and I am sure she does too.

Eileen wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Monday, 19 July 2010, 9:50 PM

Wow, Linda! I lovet he way the back ties in to the theme of the front of the quilt - very creative! If I had this, I'd want a clear glass wall in my house so I could see both sides! Beautiful work :-)

Aleta wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 21 July 2010, 1:06 PM

I absolutely love this quilt! Your friends are lucky gals indeed - what a sweet idea you have of making them quilts.

quilter413@hotmail.com wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 21 July 2010, 1:15 PM

Linda, What a beautiful gift, anyone would be blessed to receive your beautiful quilt.

Linny t wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Sunday, 1 August 2010, 2:18 PM

This is a really great quilt, Linda.  What a neat idea and what a great touch for the signatures on tea cups.  What a treasure you have made!

linny t

EILEENG-2 wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Monday, 2 August 2010, 11:03 AM

Linda,

This is truly a work of art that your friend Cindy will treasure forever! Did you have a pattern for this or did you "wing it" on your own? Thanks for sharing it with all of us!  Eileen

Rosemary Jordan wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 4 August 2010, 12:15 PM

That is so beautiful, and what a wonderful job you did. I'm sure at any time of year it give the recipient a warm and fuzzy feeling. Very thoughtful

Rosemary J.

Gagoo wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Wednesday, 4 August 2010, 4:42 PM

What a beautiful idea and quilt

Quiltingme wrote re: "Time for Tea" by Linda Stokes
on Monday, 9 August 2010, 1:03 PM

Linda, that teapot quilt is just wonderful!  Your friends are so blessed to have such a thoughtful friend as you!