"Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate

Kansas Race Against Cancer

We are having our yearly race and I volunteered, with help from one of the nurses, to make this year's queen-size quilt for the raffle. It's the kaleidoscope pattern with the light blue areas quilted with a ribbon pattern in the center and flower in each corner. It was a little bit of a struggle with the pattern blocks because the repeat pattern of the fabric wasn't consistent so the centers were not perfect. We picked blue instead of pink because after talking to a lot of the men that bought tickets last year they said "I don't want a pink quilt on my bed! Can you do some other color?" I think it turned out OK and I hope it brings in a lot of contrubutions.   Kate

Here is a closeup shot:

Comments

Elaine Phillips wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Thursday, 24 June 2010, 11:02 PM

Beautiful quilt, Kate. I hope it brings in lots of money for cancer.

gini wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Thursday, 24 June 2010, 11:23 PM

i think it turned out more than ok       it's beautiful   gini

Kris wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 1:38 AM

I love this quilt. It should earn a lot of money.

Kari Wempe wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 8:43 AM

Congratulations on a wonderful quilt.  I am sure it will appeal to many and bring the much needed funds to  fight cancer.

Judy Kelly wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 10:35 AM

Absolutely beautiful.  I'm sure it will raise a lot of money.  Judy

Libby wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 5:24 PM

Blue or pink, it should be a money maker. Congratulations on a great job! Beautiful!

Bonnie wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 6:48 PM

What a great job on your quilt and I have no doubt that it will bring in lots of money for you.

Nana wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 25 June 2010, 10:31 PM

Love your quilt.  The quilting is perfect.

Annette wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Saturday, 26 June 2010, 6:57 AM

Beautiful quilt - the yellow really adds a nice bit of spark.  Should be a good money-maker.

jay-marie wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Monday, 28 June 2010, 1:59 AM

Kate your quilt if beautiful it should bring in lots of money for a great charity

Pat wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Monday, 28 June 2010, 10:32 AM

Contratulations on a beautiful quilt.  I am sure the tickets will sell very quickly.

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Monday, 28 June 2010, 12:25 PM

The quilting is amazing did you quilt it by hand or machine? The pattern is wonderful and of courses I love all blue.  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns, if you would be interested; they are unique and creative downloadable quilt patterns.  In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

Leslie wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Tuesday, 29 June 2010, 6:37 AM

Beautiful, I think it turned out fantastic.

Helen Bell wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Tuesday, 29 June 2010, 7:40 AM

beautiful job...and the colour is great as they say that blue is the most liked colour....and your quilting motif's are great too

Helen Bell wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Tuesday, 29 June 2010, 7:40 AM

Alice wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Friday, 2 July 2010, 7:02 PM

Good for you, listening to the guys' suggestion on color!  It's a lovely quilt--if I had my way, everything in my house would be some shade of blue.  This encourages me to try a kaleidoscope-type design.  Best of success on the sale of tickets--someone is going to love this quilt!

Eileen wrote re: "Kansas Race Against Cancer Quilt" by Kate
on Monday, 19 July 2010, 9:57 PM

Kate, this quilt is more than OK - it's great!  Like most of us, I bet you're the only one who notices the centers are not exactly the same at all the points. It's a wonderful quilt and whoever wins it in the raffle will have a great keepsake.