"First Quilt" by Vonda

This was my frist quilt, And like every quilt I ever met, it has a story. We were in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee about 8 years ago and stopped by a side-of-the-road quilt shop to look at the great quilts that were hanging outside. This lady had a quilt made from square pillow tops with deers on it. My DH remarked, " I don't know why you couldn't make one like this." This was in May. And with our anniversary coming up in September I made this one for him.

Here is a closeup of the top:

Vonda

Comments

Rosemarie Andrako wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Saturday, 12 June 2010, 9:33 AM

Vonda: this quilt bring you out into the country were it is peaseful and quiet. Keep on quilting the country side.

Rose for Monongahela

Patti wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Saturday, 12 June 2010, 2:44 PM

Very nice first quilt.  And nice to hear your DH encouraged you to get your start with quilting.

Wendy wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Saturday, 12 June 2010, 9:52 PM

If this is your first quilt, I can't wait to see what else you will make. Great Job

Stephanie wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Saturday, 12 June 2010, 10:39 PM

Vonda, Your first quilt is beautiful and what a wonderful story, and a great Anniversary gift for your DH. Thanks for sharing.

Suzette wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Sunday, 13 June 2010, 5:21 AM

I love your quilt.  This is your first one?  You did a wonderful job.

Suzette wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Sunday, 13 June 2010, 5:21 AM

I love your quilt.  This is your first one?  You did a wonderful job.

Lola M wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Sunday, 13 June 2010, 1:13 PM

Thank you for showing us your first quilt.  It is beautiful.  Keep quilting and show us more of your work, I look foreward to seeing them.

Bonnie wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Sunday, 13 June 2010, 3:13 PM

What a beautiful quilt and an awesome job for your first one.  I know that you DH will love this quilt and cherish the memory of it beginning.

Peg Lassen wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Sunday, 20 June 2010, 12:19 PM

Great job for your first quilt!!  I'm working on my first quilt, also with a Smoky Mountain theme....black bears.  Without knowing the first thing about quilting, this full size spread in being hand sewn, and of all things, I ended up doing trapundle (I think that's how you spell it).  Hope my finished quilt will look as good as yours.  Right now, I need encouragement to finish...padding the bears is getting tedious.

Julie wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Saturday, 26 June 2010, 3:12 PM

Vonda you aren't going to believe this but I have the exact same material sitting in my fabric tote. Small world isn't it...your quilt is beautiful gives me some Ideas about what to do with mine

quilter413@hotmail.com wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Thursday, 1 July 2010, 12:18 AM

Great job!

MRSSEW wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda
on Friday, 2 July 2010, 12:38 PM

Vonda  you did a Great Job for your 1st quilt,  you inspire me to get started on my first one.

MRSSEW wrote re: "First Quilt" by Vonda