"Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin

Hello,  My name is Cora Darrin and this is my quilt I wish to share.   When I saw this border fabric, I knew immediately I wanted to use it to make a "basket weave" quilt.  I am very happy with how it turned out.

Comments

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 9:09 PM

Cora--

You have every right to be happy with your beautiful quilt.  I can see why you were drawn to the fabric--lovely.

Nana wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 9:23 PM

Cora beautiful quilt.  I love the design and the fabric....  great job.

Patti wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 10:47 PM

I will have to keep my eye open for border fabrics.  Great use of the fabric.  Somehow I just think "borders" with border fabric and thereby really limit myself.  I like the basket weave.

Kris wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 11:08 PM

Beautiful quilt Cora. I love the fabric and that you chose to use it is this was is fantastic.

gini wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 11:42 PM

cora, i've never seen a basket weave quilt done with border prints.   yours is lovely      gini

Sabrina wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 6:02 AM

I really like how you used the border fabric. I never thought of using borders like that. Beautiful quilt.

Pat wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 7:51 AM

Beautiful use of stripe material.  Thanks for sharing.

Char wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 1:14 PM

Cora,

How beautiful and creative !!...never have I used a boarder fabric, even for a boarder...thank you for expanding my thoughts about the boarders...Lovely work.

Char

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 2:45 PM

Great idea with the border fabric. Gives a whole new light to what we can do with borders. Love the colors and floral print. This is beautiful.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 4:06 PM

Very pretty Cora!

Donna wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Sunday, 23 May 2010, 6:33 PM

Great Job!  I'm thrilled see what all of you are doing.  Donna

Bonnie wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 10:06 AM

Beautiful quilt and great job on it.

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 11:25 AM

That is a great idea I love the quilt and I love the color you used!!! I am still a newer quilter so I am sticking to the easy traditional pattern. This one looks like something I could do if I find any border fabric I am going to try it.  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative.  In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

jay-marie wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 1:51 PM

This is a lovely quilt you have chosen  a beautiful fabric for the pattern I have never seen a border fabric used this way  it is  very effective.

Annette wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 6:27 PM

Very pretty!  Clever use of the fabric.  Bet its even prettier in person.  Thank you for sharing!

karroll wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Wednesday, 26 May 2010, 3:16 PM

Very nice I am new so that is a great idea for me thanks for sharing karroll

Kathy D wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Thursday, 27 May 2010, 10:47 AM

Donna - cool!  I never thought of using a border fabric to make the body of a quilt.  Beautiful.

Mary Ann wrote re: "Basket Weave Quilt" Cora Darrin
on Monday, 28 June 2010, 12:35 PM

I'm intrigued with the weave quilts.  I want to do one.  Never thought of just using a border print.  Very cool.   Oh...I see others are saying the same thing.  It amazes me, when I see things I say "why didn't I think of that"!  I'll have to check my stash.  I might already have something just perfect.  Happy quilting.