"Double Irish Chain" by Brenda

I have always loved the look of the Irish Chain Quilt.  This is a photo of my first Double Irish Chain Quilt, a Christmas present to my niece.  I was thrilled with how it finished up.

Brenda B

Comments

gini wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 10:29 PM

brenda, you should be thrilled.    it is  one of the prettiest irish chains i've seen    gini

Nana wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 11:40 PM

Brenda it is a beautiful Irish Chain.  I love that pattern as well.

Kris wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 11:43 PM

Gorgeous quilt. My first quilt was a double Irish Chain. Such a lovely pattern.

jay-marie wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 1:42 AM

Brenda Beautiful quilt it must have taken you ages.

Patti wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 4:29 AM

Love the blues.  I have yet to do an Irish chain.  It is on my list.

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 3:10 PM

I am very partial to anything blue. You did a very good job with this. I love traditional pattern.  I am still a newer quilter so I am sticking to the easy traditional pattern (Nine Patch).  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative.  In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

Bonnie wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 3:49 PM

WOW!!  Brenda, that is a beautiful quilt.  You did an awesome job on it and I know that your niece will cherish it forever.  I hope to one day do an Irish Chain quilt myself.

Roxanna wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 6:40 PM

OH MY!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Jean wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 7:58 PM

Beautiful quilt and the colors are quite striking!

Kathy D wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 20 May 2010, 11:17 PM

Brenda - I love DIC quilts and I really like how you changed the fabric where the chains intersect.  Very Irish colours and I am sure your niece will cherish it.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 9:20 PM

Brenda--

Your Double Irish Chain is so lovely.  This pattern is a favorite of mine as well and you've done a fantastic job with it.

Debbie Whatley wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 10:00 PM

Beautiful quilt and I love the label.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 4:14 PM

Wow...this makes me want to do a double Irish Chain!  Very nice!

Pat Cinardo wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Sunday, 23 May 2010, 8:19 AM

Beautiful quilt!  Great idea for the label.  Makes me want to make my next Irish Chain with blues.  Great job!

Eileen wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Thursday, 3 June 2010, 7:28 PM

Brenda, your quilt is lovely! I really like the colors you chose. I'm sure your niece will love it :-)

Pat wrote re: "Double Irish Chain" by Brenda
on Friday, 2 July 2010, 7:26 AM

Love the colors.  I think the double Irsh Chain is going on my wish list.  thanks for sharing.

Pat