"Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich

This is the quilt I made for my daughter.  I decided to go with "loud"
colors and when I chose what fabric to use, I cut circles from each
block and inserted a white block underneath of Flower Bouquets that I
colored with crayons, pressed between paper and attached to the
underside of the top block.  I used small pieces of the "Loud Fabric"
for the trim around.  I hadn't been quilting very long so I had a
couple friends hand quilt it for me.  The hand quilting is absolutely
gorgeous!!

Thanks for letting me Show & Tell.

Gloria Hropvich, Delaware.

Comments

Nana wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 2:07 PM

Gloria your quilt is gorgeous.   The quilting is stunning.  Thanks for sharing.

gini wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 2:48 PM

gloria, your entire quilt is absolutely gorgeous.  you should bevery proud of it.  wow.    gini

Willie L wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 3:39 PM

Very beautiful,Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Marge (AKA Dimples) wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 3:48 PM

Very pretty Gloria.  I never thought of using crayons like that.  Very clever.

Bonnie wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 7:31 PM

Gloria - very AWESOME quilt.  Really like the bold colors.  Bonnie

Patti wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 6:27 AM

Very well done.  I love the flower designs.

Kris wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 7:30 AM

Gloria, this is fantastic. Your daughter will surely treasure it for years to come. Nice work.

jay-marie wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 8:18 AM

Gloria what a beautiful quilt and the quilting shows off your work to perfection I am sure your DD will love it.

Pat wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 8:32 AM

Beautiful choice of colors and design.  The hand quilting really shows off your work.  Congratulations on a wonderful quilt.

BonnieMac wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 9:44 AM

Gloria...what a great idea...to use crayons to make the pictures of the flowers!   Nice job!

Eileen wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 7:24 AM

This is beautiful, Gloria! It's like a permanent Spring & Summer boquet!

mpspeedy wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 8:40 AM

Gloria,  A woman after my own heart.  I love your quilt.  I especially like the quilting.  I am a long time handquilter and that would have been something I would have loved to do.  Your friends did a beautiful job.

Jean wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Friday, 14 May 2010, 9:17 AM

Gloria, beautiful quilt....brings the flower garden right indoors and I'm sure your daughter will cherish it!!

Ann Hykin wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Friday, 14 May 2010, 7:13 PM

Absolutely beautiful! I am just learning and i want to hand quilt my quilts.

I admire your bold colors and flower selections. The hand quilting is

excellent! Maybe someday I can quilt like you and your friends! Thanks for sharing.

Jutta wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Friday, 14 May 2010, 7:22 PM

I love all the colors you used and it looks very happy and cheerful. The hand quilting job is beautiful. Very nice.

Jutta

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Friday, 14 May 2010, 11:17 PM

Gloria--

Your quilt is so lovely.  What a treasured gift for your daughter.

Priscilla wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 5:26 PM

Oh how gorgeous. Wow. She will love it forever.

Jeannette wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 5:35 PM

This is stunning well done Gloria

otsego52@yahoo.com wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 10:59 PM

Thank you to all of you who posted.  Yes I am very proud of how well the quilt looks.  The quilting of it really "makes" it!!  One of the quilters is in her 90's!!

I appreciate all the comments and mostly enjoy the magazine and what I have learned from other readers during the past couple years.  Gloria Hropvich

otsego52@yahoo.com wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 10:59 PM

Majcruss1 wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 11:29 PM

Great job, sister of mine!  You are SO good at this!  Can you imagine what Mama would say?!

jgillig1 wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Sunday, 16 May 2010, 2:05 AM

Well, Glo, you've done it again. You'll be running out of people to make quilts for if you aren't careful. Dar

brownx3 wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Sunday, 16 May 2010, 6:23 AM

Love your creativity.  I have some of Esther in me, as you also do, and that way we never get bored!  The quilt should be named "Tribute to Mama".

Marie wrote re: "Flower Bouquets" by Gloria Hropvich
on Monday, 17 May 2010, 9:17 AM

Gloria, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!

One more thing, looks like you have a wonderful family who thinks your efforts are wonderful!

GREAT JOB!