"A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson

The idea for this quilt came from leftover scraps of several beautiful blue fabrics. I didn't have much of any of them, but together I knew I would have enough for a lovely quilt. I modified a traditional Sickle block, using both a dark blue and medium blue for the half-square triangles together with a light blue. The four-patches are scrappy, using about a half-dozen cream-colored prints with the blue prints. The blocks are six inches square.

Judy Johnson

Comments

Pat wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Monday, 10 May 2010, 1:14 PM

Beautiful quilt.  Love all of the shades of blue.

gini wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Monday, 10 May 2010, 7:41 PM

judy lovely quilt.  i've used my scraps of blue to make a broken dishes quilt.  it seems you can't go too wrong with blues.    gini

jay-marie wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 9:54 AM

Judy J I love your quilt blue and white is such a beautiful combination.

Nana wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 10:34 AM

Judy I love your quilt.  I may just have to do something similiar.  Beautiful.

chocake2 wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 1:58 PM

This just dances! I love the secondary patterns that pop up while you look at it.

Bonnie wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 7:54 PM

Very beautiful quilt you got there Judy.  Bonnie

Kelley wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 9:13 PM

Blue is my favorite color how did you know...lol.. Ver pretty..Great use of left over fabrics..

Patti wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 6:17 AM

It is quilts like these that have made me a big fan of scrappies.  Using scraps actually enhances the quilt.

Eileen wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 7:31 AM

Your color placement sense is wonderful - this turned out so well! Great way to use up your scraps & beautify a space at the same time :-)

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 10:20 AM

I am very partial to anything blue. You did a very good job with it. I love the balance of blues and creams. Perfect! That cool that you modified a traditional pattern.  I am still a newer quilter so I am sticking to the traditional pattern for now.  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative.  In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

Jean wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Friday, 14 May 2010, 9:20 AM

Love the quilt Judy!  Such a great use of scraps and design together.  Keep the inspiration coming!!

Pamela Windspirit wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 6:08 PM

You have a great eye for color and balance!  The end product looks fabulous!

Barb Montgomery wrote re: "A Four-Patch of Blue" by Judy Johnson
on Friday, 21 May 2010, 5:34 AM

Excellant scrap quilt!!  A design I will keep in mind the next time I feel the urge to clean out my stash.