"Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery

Hello!!

Another UFO crossed off the list. Only a couple of more left to tackle!!
This is for my mom for Christmas.  That was Christmas 2009.  I'm a little
bit late but she won't mind.  She's "snowbird" and in Florida for the winter
anyway and I plan on surprising her by having it on her bed when she returns
home in a couple of weeks.  The pattern is a nine patch - eight point star
that I found in an old issue of Quilters Newsletter magazine.  It appealed
to me because it was a terrific way to use up all those scrap pieces of
whites and blues in my stash.  I call it   "Betty Lou's Blues"

Barb Montgomery

Comments

gini wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 6:58 PM

barb, way to go , the quilt is beautiful    gini

chocake2 wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 7:58 PM

Beautiful!! Your Momma is a lucky woman!

Bonnie wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 8:21 PM

Beautiful quilt and your mom is going to love it.

SkeeterQuilts wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 9:12 PM

Oh - how beautiful!  Your mother will feel very welcome when she gets back.  The entire room is very warn and inviting.  The looks wonderful!

Carol wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 9:38 PM

Betty Lou's Blues is beautiful -- she will love it, I'm sure!  Great job!

Kris wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 11:29 PM

This quilt is gorgeous. I just love the crisp white and blues.

eliabel wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 2:52 PM

OH!  What a beautiful, beautiful quilt!  Good job!

Joanne wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 3:35 PM

I really like it too

Gagoo wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 8:00 PM

Your mom is going to love this, by the way, I love your room, very cozy

Carla wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 9:36 PM

Beautiful!  I love blue and white and it looks like you did an excellent job.  Did you quilt it yourself?

Helen Bell wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 10:49 PM

lovely job...it feels so good to get a UFO finally finshed, doesn't it

Annette wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 11:13 PM

Very striking/pretty.  Really looks good on the bed in the picture.  Great job on getting another UFO off your list!

Marge (AKA Dimples) wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Monday, 3 May 2010, 7:12 AM

Beautiful job on the quilt.  Your Mom is sure to love it.  I love your room too!

Pat wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Monday, 3 May 2010, 7:58 AM

Nothing more to say than it is a beautiful quilt.  What a great way to use up your stash.  Thanks for sharing.

Pat

Ramona Suttles wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Monday, 3 May 2010, 9:19 AM

Your mom will love it , I know I would

Nana wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Monday, 3 May 2010, 11:10 AM

Stunning quilt.  Love the blues and whites and the pattern is gorgeous.  Your mom will love it.

jay-marie wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Tuesday, 4 May 2010, 5:19 AM

Barb

Your quilt is beautiful and it looks so fresh and bright I am sure your Mom will love it. I plan on showing your pic to my DH as I want a room like yours too love it and the quilt looks so at home you should make another for yourself.

Faye wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Tuesday, 4 May 2010, 6:27 PM

Your quilt is absoultely beautiful. When I looked at it a calmness or peacefulness just comes over me.

Pat wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, 12:55 AM

Your quilt looks like in belongs in that room.  Looks like and peaceful room, I love it.  Your Mom will be so tickled with this on her bed.  The quilt is beautiful.

Irene wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, 11:10 AM

Beautiful and just my colors. Did I tell you I'm up for "adoption"? Great job and nice to have another UFO behind you. I know the good feeling it gives you to get something finished that has been a looooong time in the making.

SLDonat1956 wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, 6:49 PM

Gorgeous!

Debbie Whatley wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Wednesday, 5 May 2010, 7:50 PM

Very nice quilt. I love it.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Thursday, 6 May 2010, 4:10 PM

Barb--

Blue and white quilts are so classically beautiful and this one is no exception.  Love the pattern.  Your mom is going to be so thrilled with it.

Jutta wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Thursday, 6 May 2010, 6:03 PM

Barb, this is a beautiful quilt. You did a wonderful job and your Mom is going to love it.

Barb Montgomery wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Saturday, 8 May 2010, 4:40 PM

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments.  My mom did love it and has told me that she keeps taking it off the bed to take with her when she visits her friends to show them.  Is there anything better than giving a gift that is so much appreciated?

adamsallekat wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Sunday, 9 May 2010, 8:23 PM

I'm going to teach my girls how to quilt.  Maybe I'll get one as pretty as this.

Patti wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 6:04 AM

Nice quilting too.  I hadn't thought of using scraps this way, but it really is what makes the pattern so nice.  I have a lot of green scraps.  This would be a good pattern to use them.

Eileen wrote re: "Betty Lou's Blues" by Barb Montgomery
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 7:45 AM

Barb, what a wonderful gift and how great is it that your mom has her own show & tell with her friends?! Always nice to know when a quilt is so loved.