"Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD

This is another of my DD's creations, this one from about 3 years ago.

We made the bargello panel together one afternoon when i wanted to play with the technique. She selected the fabric and did some of the sewing before something else caught her interest. It laid around collecting dust for a few months before she asked me if she could have it. She finished it out and sent it off to her best friend for Christmas.

Comments

gini wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Jessie's DD
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 10:46 PM

that's a great  way to use bargello as a background , love the silhouettes    gini

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Jessie's DD
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 9:47 AM

Jessie--

I second what Gini said.  The bargello makes a great background for the horse silhouettes.  I never thought of using bargello in that way.  Thanks for the new idea.

Patti wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 8:05 AM

I love the horse silhouettes on top of the bargello.

Nana wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 9:12 AM

Another beauty.  Your DD has a good eye.

rleng wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 1:40 PM

I really like the Bargello Horses quilt by Chocake2's DD

jay-marie wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 2:14 PM

I really like this what a good idea to add horses.

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Friday, 30 April 2010, 3:21 PM

I love the horse silhouettes.  Did you have a pattern for them or did you free hand? I am a new quilter and have been looking for helpful sites and blog to share information, quilt patterns and fabric ideas etc.  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative patterns. I am going to have to look for some horse silhouettes. In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

Kris wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Friday, 30 April 2010, 4:00 PM

Very nice quilt. I really like it.

jgrata wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 5:39 PM

Being a lover of horses and bargello patterns....I must say this is a totally awesome quilt

Gagoo wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 8:04 PM

Love the silhouettes , were they hard to do?

Jutta wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 6 May 2010, 6:15 PM

Very nice. What a wonderful present for a best friend.

Eileen wrote re: "Bargello Horses" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 7:52 AM

Great quilt, Chocake! I'm sure your daughter's friend loves it. I, too, like the silhouettes on top of the bargello - great idea :-)