"Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD

My DD made this a few years ago (when she was 10) for the Keepsake Quilt Kids challenge.

They sent a package of coordinated fabrics and she had to use them to make a wall hanging. One look at the selections they sent and she just had to make a frog-pond!

I thought it was a pretty ambitious undertaking, especially when she wanted to do a 3-d zig-zag pleat for the shore-line, but it came out beautifully! I was delighted when she  even tried FMQ!

Comments

gini wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 11:51 PM

wow, what an accomplishment for a ten year old.  it's great   gini

Kelley wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 6:16 AM

Very nice.. She should be very proud of herself.. great  work..

CJ Hines wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 9:12 AM

That is adorable!! I love the quilt and what a great job she did.

jay-marie wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 9:33 AM

This is fantastic  and I love the colors a very talented young lady.

Kathy D wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 2:48 PM

I can't wait to see what your DD comes up with if this is what she designed at age 10.  So cool!

roxielarson wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 3:01 PM

What a colorful quilt. I teach a group of girls quilting so I have to show them this picture. Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Jessie's DD
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 9:55 AM

Jessie--

Your daughter is quite the talented designer and quiltmaker.  Congratulations to her for such a whimsical quilt.

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 4:56 PM

Great quilt and she is only 10? Beautiful job. I love to see kids getting involved with sewing or painting. Not only does it keep the arts alive but it is so good for their soul and inner being.

Patricia wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Monday, 26 April 2010, 7:44 AM

This is fantastic!!

Patti wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 8:02 AM

If I created something like this at my age, I'd be proud.  Age 10!  That's fantastic.  And I love frogs.

Nana wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 9:09 AM

Wow.  Beautiful quilt.  She should be very proud of her accomplishment.

Faye wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 6:22 PM

Your daughter did a fabulous job on this quilt.  Love the fabrics. she has a great imagination

Dale wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Friday, 30 April 2010, 10:59 PM

What a wonderful 1st quilt your daughter made.  I love the leaves hanging onto the borders and the twisting ribbon for the shoreline.  Very impressive work for a 10 year old.  Did she get anything from submitting it in the Keepsake Quilting Challenge?

Kris wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Saturday, 1 May 2010, 1:20 AM

Fantastic. Your DD is brilliant Chocake.

jgrata wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 5:51 PM

What a delightful fun quilt.  Makes me wish I was a frog so I could sleep with it.

Gagoo wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 8:07 PM

Are you sure she's ten??? Looks like something a very accomplished quilter could do. Obviously talented beyond her years

Helen Bell wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 10:50 PM

thats really cute...well done...very talented

Jutta wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 6 May 2010, 6:21 PM

That's amazing. You daughter is truly an artist and very creative. One of the cutes quilt I have seen.

Mary Jo S. wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Saturday, 8 May 2010, 11:38 AM

This quilt is soooooo cute...Great job sweetie!!

Eileen wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 8:07 AM

Wow! Your daughter has done some amazing pieces :-)  I hope she continues to sew - she's got talent :-)

Pat wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 8:29 AM

Awesome quilt.  What an imagination, you should be very proud.

Marge (AKA Dimples) wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 8:45 AM

Well - after seeing your hippie frog, I can see where your daughter inherited her talent and imagination from.  She did a fanatastic job.  I hope she will continue with her creative work as she certainly has the gift.

Adele wrote re: "Frog Pond Quilt" by Chocake2's DD
on Monday, 31 May 2010, 10:26 PM

all i have to say is wow