"Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry

I made this quilt, Golden Hawaiian Memories for my mother to commemorate our family trip to Hawaii to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary.  The blocks are hand appliqued, the quilt is machine quilted.  I tried to use traditional looking Hawaiian quilt blocks and incorporated some of the wonderful family photos we took into the blocks.  One of the blocks has hearts and golden wedding rings for the anniversary.  As are all quilts, this was truly a labor of love.

Carla Gentry

Comments

Kris wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Wednesday, 21 April 2010, 10:48 PM

Wonderful. Carla the quilt is truly beautiful. What a great way to commemorate this occasion.

Nana wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 12:01 AM

I love it.  Karla the quilt is beautiful and the colors and fabrics are perfect.

gini wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 12:33 AM

carla, beautiful quilt.  i love everything about it     gini

Roni wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 7:02 AM

It just radiates warm breezes and sea air.  Beauiful.

mpspeedy wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 7:05 AM

Carla,  What a wonderful way to commerate the occasion.  Your quilt is almost as beautiful as Hawaii.  I am sure your parents love it.  Congraulations to them for their many years together and to  you for making such a lovely tribute.

Helen Bell wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 7:38 AM

What a beautiful way for them to remember the trip and the love you have for them

Dale wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 22 April 2010, 5:30 PM

I love that you have incorporated the pictures into the blocks.  This quilt is so special.  Great job on your wonderful memory quilt.

Pat wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 2:35 PM

Beautiful quilt, what a wonderful way to remember your parent's 50th anniversary.  Thanks for sharing.

Pat

Kathy D wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Friday, 23 April 2010, 2:50 PM

Carla - A truly spectacular quilt

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 10:01 AM

Carla--

What a lovely way to combine Hawaiian style with a Baltimore album look.  Your quilt is quite unique and a beautiful tribute to your parents.

Patti wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 7:57 AM

I love Hawaiian applique. I have never done it before, but it is on my list of things to learn.  And the way you incorporated photos makes it so special.  Great use of colors.

Gagoo wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 8:10 PM

Carla, love the look of your quilt and the photos. Great colors

Jutta wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 6 May 2010, 6:26 PM

Beautiful "Baltimore Photo" quilt. Very nice. Love it.

Stephanie wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Friday, 7 May 2010, 9:31 AM

Fabulous job Carla! Love the incorporation of the photos. Great inspiration for a memory quilt, and what a beautiful gift.

Judy Johnson wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Friday, 7 May 2010, 5:14 PM

Carla, What a beautiful and original memory quilt.  It's a wonderful work of love.

Nancy wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Sunday, 9 May 2010, 1:06 AM

Carla,

Just as families are a blend of people, so quilts can blend patterns,and new with old.  You have woven your family into the pattern.  It was beautiful to start with, your family has made it glow!  My sister gave me a book of Hawaiian Patterns after she and her husband visited there. Someday I would love to make one also.

Eileen wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 8:03 AM

Carla, what a beautiful reminder of a special trip! I like the way you incorporated photos into some of the blocks & the colors are amazing :-)

Pamela Windspirit wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 6:18 PM

The photographs make the quilt a family heirloom to be treasured for years to come.  What a lovely idea!

quilter413@hotmail.com wrote re: "Golden Hawaiian Memories" by Carla Gentry
on Saturday, 22 May 2010, 7:00 PM

I love what you did with this quilt, Hawaiian applique is one of my favorites. Great job!!