"Wedding Quilt" by Chocake2

This is the wedding quilt I made for my brother and sis-in-law back in 2005. She loves fall colors and I originally was planning to use a leafy print for the border, but they I saw a quilt with gradiated fans and just had to try them! I'm more of a brighty-bright person, so finishing a queen sized quilt (The largest I've ever made) in these more earthy colors was a challenge! SiL reports that their cat loves it.

Comments

Nana wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 11:15 PM

I love the border fans.  Very pretty quilt.

gini wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 11:41 PM

jessie,  fall colors are my favorite and you did a beautiful job, especially with the fans   nice job    gini

Kris wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 1:08 AM

Great job Jessie. The fans worked out nicely. Beautiful wedding gift. Kudos.

Gale wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 2:34 AM

Gorgeous. I'm the same way with the bright colors.

Kim wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 9:02 AM

I grew up in the northeast, loving the fall explosion of color. I relocated to Houston in 2005, and missed the fall colors to the point that I made a glorious autumn quilt. Living along the Gulf coast, I relish the cooler winter nights when I get to sleep under it!

Kathy D wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 9:48 AM

I love fall colours and miss the maple trees now that we are in Calgary.  Your fans in the border look great.  They set the quilt off to perfection.  Great job!

jnboehln@gtec.com wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 10:46 AM

Love your quilt; what a great wedding gift!  I am a "fall colors" person, too.

Nancy

jnboehln@gtec.com wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 10:46 AM

Love your quilt; what a great wedding gift!  I am a "fall colors" person, too.

Nancy

Bonnie wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 11:29 AM

What an awesome quilt and I just love the fall colors, too.  What a priceless keepsake for your brother and sil.  Thanks for sharing.

Jane wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 3:45 PM

How lucky your brother and sister-in-law are to have such a talented sister to honor them with such a beautiful quilt.  The fans turned out fantastic and really set the quilt.  I'm sure that this quilt will be a precious keepsake forever.  Thanks for sharing.

joyce wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 8:03 PM

beautiful quilt. I love fall, but love to quilt the bright colors.

MILLIEQ wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 8:54 PM

What a beautiful quilt.  It had to be the best gift they received!  The fans gave it such a great touch.  I'm a bright color person also, but I love Autumn for its colors! You should be proud for accomplishing something so wonderful.   An heirloom.

mpspeedy wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 12:39 PM

Jessie,  What a fine quilt you made.  Aren't you glad that you didn't make it all of two inch pieces?  I have learned the hard way that people whose "cat" loves the quilt really don't understand. It is hard to give up something we worked so hard to create only to get those kind of comments. You are a very loving sister.

I purchased a pieced star top from a vendor at one of our guild quilt shows several years ago.  It was blue and white and king size.  I always meant to handquilt it.  I was going to have a longarmer friend baste it for me.  I decided to have her quilt it and I gave it to my step-daughter for her 20th wedding anniversary.  I would not have done so if I had handquilted it.  She is a nurse and admits to washing everything with the sheets every week.  I wonder just how long that quilt will survive?

I hope the comments about the cat were tongue in cheek.  Hopfully your brother and his wife really appreciate your wonderful gift.

I hope yours fairs better.

chocake2 wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 4:18 PM

LOL...I guess the cat's out of the bag! You all know my name now. :D

Thank you for all of your wonderful feed back.

mpspeedy, I don't mind in the least that thier cat enjoyes my efforts. He's part of the family too! And besides, if he wasn't enjoying it, it would mean it was packed away in a closet somewhere and no one was enjoying it!! Now THAT would really break my heart!

hwells3131 wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 6:15 PM

Beautiful quilt!!

Pat wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 6:43 PM

I love the colors that you put in the quilt.  Beautiful quilt, and love the fans in the border.  Great job!!!!

Deb wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 6:57 PM

Beautiful.  The color choice is great.

Bev wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Monday, 19 April 2010, 8:28 PM

Terrific quilt - love the colors.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Jessie
on Sunday, 25 April 2010, 10:08 AM

Jessie--

Great quilt and the fan border really sets it off.  My favorite colors, too.

Patti wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Chocake2
on Tuesday, 27 April 2010, 7:53 AM

The fans are a nice touch.  Really dress it up.  A beautiful wedding gift.

Gagoo wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Chocake2
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 8:13 PM

Love the Fall Colors. Great design

Eileen wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Chocake2
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 8:00 AM

Beautiful quilt & great fabric choices! I'm a fan of fall colors. Love your borders. Kudos to you for trying some new things :-)

Valerie wrote re: "Wedding Quilt" by Chocake2
on Sunday, 23 May 2010, 9:14 PM

love the colors of the fabric