"Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney

This is a Pre-cut Double Wedding Ring with batik fabrics on black by Benartex.  All pieces were perfectly cut and went together beautifully.  The center embroidery came from Ace Points Quilting featuring designs from Artistic Quilt Blocks.  These designs stitch out quickly and are mesmerizing.

Believe me, this kit was fun to finish!

sewn by Gail Maloney

Comments

Patti wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 8:40 PM

wow, and the embroidery really adds to it.  Great job.

Patti wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 8:43 PM

Wow everyone, don't forget to click on the photo, wait and click again to magnify then scroll around to look at all the embroidery!

Stephanie wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 9:31 PM

Gail, This is so cool. Great job and thanks for the info.

Kathy D wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 9:36 PM

Those colours are right up my alley.  Beautiful quilt and the embroidery adds that 'wow factor'.  Great quilt - thanks for sharing.

gini wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 9:41 PM

gail   a stunning quilt.      gini

Nana wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 10:57 PM

Gail you have a stunning quilt.  The Double Wedding Ring and Grandmother's Flower Garden have always been favorites of mine but I still haven't made one.  You have done a great job on yours.

Kris wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 11:37 PM

Beautiful quilt Gail.

Kelley wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Thursday, 8 April 2010, 7:39 AM

Great work.. I love this... Makes me want to finally make one of these...Beautiful...

Pat wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Thursday, 8 April 2010, 9:55 AM

Beautiful.  Wow what a wonderful job.  Did you do the embroidery before putting this together?

Dale wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Thursday, 8 April 2010, 6:59 PM

so beautiful!

Faye wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 7:55 AM

Absolutely beautiful.  It is fun adding embroidery to quilts.

barcari wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 12:33 PM

Hey Gail, I was thrilled to see your quilt.  I remember every square inch.  Betsy Arcari

Diane9494 wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 7:53 PM

Gail,

Your quilt is breathtaking. Great JOB!!

Diane

Missouri, The Show Me State

Mary Ann wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 10:31 PM

What a stunning quilt!  Amazing.  Everytime I see a quilt in Show N Tell, they get better and better.  Good job!

Mary Jo S. wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 2:11 PM

WOW, this is really cool...should I say farout!!!   LOL  I might have to try this one

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 4:47 PM

Gail--

What a gorgeous quilt and the embroidery is a beautiful accent.  Someday i want to make a DWR and this kit sounds like a good way to do that.  Thanks for sharing with us.

chocake2 wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 7:58 PM

I must have exlaimed my awae out loud when I looked at this one because the off-spring came running to see it. DD has proclaimed "I WANT that!!"

Sandy H. wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 8:30 PM

Gail, this is beautiful and the colors are stunning.  WTG!

Melody Lee wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Sunday, 11 April 2010, 12:29 PM

Gail, I sure would like an embroidery machine.  How very unique this is.  Quite lovely.

jay-marie wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Sunday, 11 April 2010, 12:34 PM

Gail, This is beautiful it really has the WOW factor.

Patti wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Monday, 12 April 2010, 3:23 PM

Gail  this is just awsome--I have tried the wedding ring quilt and needless to say it's a ufo of mine.

Sissy wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 14 April 2010, 9:15 AM

you go girl.  awesome

Pat wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Thursday, 15 April 2010, 1:40 AM

Gail, what an awesome quilt you made, and such good work!!  Love the colors, the embroidery work is an outstanding addition.  Thanks for sharing with us.

gmaloney@yojake.com wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Friday, 16 April 2010, 10:12 PM

Betsy!  My personal long-arm quilter!  Gotta LOVE your quilting work.  ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.  Betsy's quilting adds that million dollar look.

Gale wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 2:38 AM

Wow, this is amazing! Love how bright it is.

Jane wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 4:01 PM

All I can say is wow.  WOW!!!  Great job well done.  The debate I am having with myself whether I need (want) an embroidery machine or not is leaning more towards YES!!!!!  Thank you for sharing.

MILLIEQ wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 9:31 PM

What can I say that hasn't already been said?  Stunning & awesome are words that I would've used also.  (Thanks, Patti, for the advice to scroll around it; I did!)  How did you get so many embroidering designs so as no two were alike?   It's got the WOW factor alright! There's the WOW sham; Now you've got the WOW Quilt!!  Great job.

mpspeedy wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 12:28 PM

Gail,  What a stunning combination of colors etc.  It makes the traditional Wedding Ring into something really outstanding.  Even with precut pieces I would never have done all of that piecing.  I have used the embroidery idea to jazz up a traditional design.  I only used one motif.  Yours is just fantastic. Great job!

Lori Hogan wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 3:43 PM

I really love this quilt.  WOW.  Great job.

Gagoo wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Sunday, 2 May 2010, 8:16 PM

WOW, far out, groovy, boss, heavy mannnnn, and outta sight!!!

Barb Montgomery wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Saturday, 8 May 2010, 4:43 PM

Wow!! the fabrics really give a whole new twist to an old pattern. It makes me want to attempt it.

Eileen wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 7:56 AM

I think the only way I could tackle this would be with precut fabrics! LOL  Your quilt is wonderful!

sunsetgypsy wrote re: "Psychedelic Wedding Ring Quilt" by Gail Maloney
on Wednesday, 11 May 2011, 8:45 PM

It is beautiful.  The embroidery  is very nice and must have taken you a long time. The embroidery looks like some to the things I crochet. I would love to try doing this quilt.