"Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo

WOW~!!  My first Double Wedding Ring Quilt!!!

I made this for a young lady and young man that I have know about 10 years.  She calls me her second mom.  They were married this past Saturday, March 27.  They loved all my hard work!!!  When I first started it I though OMGOSH all these pieces and they weren't going together correctly and when I FINALLY figured it out I am thinking I am not going to like it.  But after I got a row together I started liking it, but only a little.  Then the diamonds came and man o man, I was so frustrated.  When I finally put the sandwich together, I decided to use my new Husqvarna Designer SE LE to embroider the centers.  Oh how beautiful!!!   Then I decided to try free motion.  I practiced a lot first, and then low and behold I could do it.  I thought the diamonds were going to come out puckered, but they didn't.  Thennnn, I attempted biased but binding, which I have never done and OMGOSH again....it was so easy and so much easier than any other binding ever.

I am SO proud of my accomplishment!!!

Mary Jo

Comments

Maryann wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Monday, 5 April 2010, 8:06 PM

What a beautiful job.  I love the embroidered centers.

alenew wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Monday, 5 April 2010, 8:42 PM

Awesome!  This is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kris wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Monday, 5 April 2010, 9:22 PM

Mary Jo, you should be proud. You did a fantastic job. The quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy D wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Monday, 5 April 2010, 10:20 PM

I am not surprised.  The quilt is gorgeous and I love the quilted centre.  You did a fabulous job and I hope your 'adopted' couple enjoy snuggling under this quilt of love.

SkeeterQuilts wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Monday, 5 April 2010, 11:02 PM

Mary Jo thank you for sharing your absolutely beautiful double wedding ring quilt.  You should be very proud and pleased with your accomplishment.  The depth of your feelings for the Newlyweds is very evident.  The quilt is bound to be a family heirloom.  As Master Card would say, "Priceless".

Lesley wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 12:50 AM

Gorgeous quilt.

Nana wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 3:06 AM

Mary Jo you should be proud.  You have done a beautiful job on your quilt.  Double wedding rings can be very difficult.

Patti wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 9:00 AM

Beautiful job.  Nice free motion quilting.  Mine still looks like children scribbling.  Glad this came together so well for you.  I may have to try a double wedding ring some time.

Joni wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 9:05 AM

Awesome, love your colors too!  What machine did you use to embroider?  Such a beautiful gift.

Joni wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 9:06 AM

Duh, just read what machine...

Joni wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 9:14 AM

Just one more comment, yes biased binding finishes a project so perfectly!  I use biased on all my quilts!

CJ Hines wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 12:48 PM

You should be proud--that's quite an accomplishment. Double wedding ring is one quilt I haven't tried because it looks so difficult. Maybe I'll try it one of these days.

gini wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 5:20 PM

mary jo    WOW is right   great job on a beautiful quilt   gini

Faye wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 6 April 2010, 6:20 PM

Very nice quilt Mary Jo.   you should be proud.

Willie L wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Wednesday, 7 April 2010, 11:30 AM

Great job,congratulate yourself.If you can do this pattern,you can do any quilt.Keep it up.

Stephanie wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Thursday, 8 April 2010, 7:50 AM

Mary Jo, Beautiful quilt and great job. You deserve to be proud of yourself.

Bonnie wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 12:17 PM

Mary Jo -  that is a totally awesome quilt.  You did a beautiful job on it.  You should be very proud, like I am sure your adopted couple are.  Kudos to you!!

Mary Jo S. wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 2:07 PM

THANK YOU ALL so much for your wonderful comments...you have no idea how that has just built my confidence!!!  I am ready to start a new baby quilt now.  And no, not for Marissa and Mike, not yet!!  Thank you all so much!!!

Mary Jo S. wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 2:07 PM

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 4:55 PM

Mary Jo--

Your quilt is so beautiful and you have every right to feel extremely proud of your accomplishment.  Everything about it is perfect.  I'm sure the newlyweds are thrilled.

Sandy H. wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Saturday, 10 April 2010, 8:32 PM

Mary jo, this quilt is beautiful.  You did a fantastic job and have every right to be proud of it.  Good job.

Melody Lee wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Sunday, 11 April 2010, 12:25 PM

You have a right to be oh so proud of that beautiful quilt.  The colors are so pretty too.  It just turned out perfect.

Thanks for sharing.

Diane Morgan wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Monday, 12 April 2010, 5:12 PM

Mary Jo,

This is beautiful. You should be very proud. I'm always drawn to the Double Weddig Ring quilt but have been too afraid to start one.

Sissy wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Wednesday, 14 April 2010, 9:17 AM

Great job.  I love your colors and your quilting.

Pat wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Thursday, 15 April 2010, 1:47 AM

Mary Jo, you did an amazing job on that quilt.  I love the embroidery work in the centers.  Colors are really nice.  If you can make this one, you can make any of them.  I've never made the Double Wedding Quilt, been too afraid I would mess one up, and it would end up, in a UFO stash.

Gagoo wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Thursday, 15 April 2010, 6:24 PM

Mary Jo,

You did a wonderful job of both piecing and quilting. I have never done a wedding ring quilt, but have always been a bit afraid to do it. you have given me the confidence to give it  a try ( sometime in the future when I am done with my UFO's)

mpspeedy wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Sunday, 18 April 2010, 12:44 PM

Mary Jo,  You are a wonderful friend.  Not only did you make a wonderful quilt you learned that you can do just about anything in quilitng.  You might even inspire me to try and piece something that intricate.  You did a great job with skills you din't even know you had.

Eileen wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Thursday, 13 May 2010, 7:54 AM

Mary jo, this is a wonderful gift & I know you are pleased that the couple love it :-)  Can't wait to see more of your quilts!

Abby wrote re: "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" by Mary Jo
on Tuesday, 29 June 2010, 10:57 PM

you should be VERY proud, that is an AMAZING quilt, I've had my eye on double wedding ring, but it looks so hard!

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.