"Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann

Here is an Evening Start Quilt (48"x67") just finished for our local Boy Scout Troop.  The border print on black makes it very striking.

The closeup photos lets you see the quilting...

Unfortunately on checking with the manufacturer, the border print is now discontinued.

Mary Ann in OHIO

Comments

gini wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Wednesday, 24 March 2010, 9:28 PM

mary ann,   beautiful quilt     you've done a great job with color here   gini

SkeeterQuilts wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Wednesday, 24 March 2010, 9:35 PM

Absolutely gorgeous use of the print fabric and the two shades of red/pink in the 'hour glass' style of blocks.  The quilting pattern looks like the perfect accent.

Betty wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 9:50 AM

This is absolutely gorgeous - I love it. Betty

sharon134@bresnan.net wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 10:05 AM

Exellent sewing skills very beautiful fabric.  Lucky Boy Scouts!

Nana wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 10:23 AM

Mary Ann your quilt is stunning.  Excellent workmanship.

Pat wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 2:19 PM

Beautiful quilt.  Love the colors and placment of the main fabric.  Thanks for sharing.

Marija wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 2:43 PM

Sucha classic beauty! great job!

Pat wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 8:17 PM

Mary Ann, great quilt, and a good job.  I love the fabric that you used, really stands out.

Patti wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Friday, 26 March 2010, 6:54 AM

I love your use of the border print.  And the colors.  And the quilting.  Very nice.

Jean wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Friday, 26 March 2010, 12:16 PM

Mary Ann, beautiful use of fabrics on this wonderful timeless quilt pattern.  The border print really makes it stand out and bind the other fabrics together.

Where is OH??

Bonnie wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Saturday, 27 March 2010, 6:38 AM

BEAUTIFUL...you are such a great designer,quilter,friend..your my inspiration.

Stephanie wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Saturday, 27 March 2010, 7:34 AM

Beautiful job Mary Ann. You are so right about the border fabric. Very striking.

Judy Johnson wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Saturday, 27 March 2010, 8:55 AM

What a lovely quilt. Large florals on black can be intimidating to use. I love the kaleidoscopic effect in the star centers. The swirl quilting complements the quilt perfectly.

Kathy D wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Monday, 29 March 2010, 10:37 AM

Everything is beautiful about this quilt - the colours, the design and the quilting.  Great job.

Mary Ann wrote re: "Evening Star Quilt" by Mary Ann
on Monday, 29 March 2010, 2:52 PM

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments.  I pulled these fabrics from my stash.  The border print was about 2 years old and the other fabrics were left over from other quilts.   It's worth the extra effort to put the blocks on point.  Most of my quilts stay in my family so I always get to see them again.  This was really hard to give away.  Since I can't find this fabric, I'll be looking for more border prints.  I'm new to Quilers Club of America so I haven't discovered everything yet!