"Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams

My first "commissioned" work! The Jacksonville Women's Bowling League will be selling chances on the quilt for $1 each, and all the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The quilt is 54" by 80", my original design and creation, 100% cotton fabrics and 100% bamboo batting. Drawing will be held the middle of March, 2010.

Mary S. Williams

Comments

gini wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Wednesday, 3 March 2010, 9:58 PM

mary your quilt is great.    gini

Lilian wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Wednesday, 3 March 2010, 11:09 PM

Your quilt made me laugh, Mary.  Very clever idea.  I'm sure you will get lots of raffle tickets sold for that great cause.  Good luck to your League.

How's Jacksonville?  I lived there (if that's the one in Florida you are talking about) for a year and loved it.  We had so many great and safe biking lanes, unlike S.C.  Wish I were still there. :(

Kris wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Wednesday, 3 March 2010, 11:33 PM

Beautiful quilt Mary. Great title too.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 8:26 AM

First of all, LOVE the name! What a great opportunity for you to have a commissioned work--that's incredible. I'm sure that quilt will bring in lots of money--congratulations!

Nana wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 10:31 AM

Mary I love the name of the quilt.  It is an awesome design .. you do great work.  So pretty..your bowling balls are precious.  The fabric choices is also beautiful.  I feel sure the quilt will bring in lots of money for a great cause.

Linny t wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 11:32 AM

What a great "quilt for a cause"!  It must have been great fun to make.

Linny t

Linda Garrison wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 5:50 PM

Great Quilt with a great name!  Hope you raise lots of money!

Linda

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 7:56 PM

Mary--

What a great quilt you've created!  Best of luck with the raffle.

Bonnie wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Friday, 5 March 2010, 10:37 AM

Mary - what an AWESOME quilt!!!  And for a great cause.  Good luck with the raffle.

Pat wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Friday, 5 March 2010, 12:55 PM

What a wonderful idea to make something special for bowling ladies.  Beautiful quilt.  Thanks for sharing.

BonnieMac wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 11 March 2010, 9:52 AM

Your quilt is terrific!   Congrats on a great design!

Gagoo wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 11 March 2010, 10:53 PM

Good luck for your raffle, I'm sure you will sell lots of tickets. I love the pattern you designed, great colors and great name!

Pat wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 11 March 2010, 11:31 PM

What a great and original quilt.  Hope it makes your cause a lot of money.  Very nice job!!

DELETEDUPjawink@cox.net wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Monday, 29 March 2010, 7:39 PM

Please make it a pattern we can buy!!  Its a great quilt.

Bowling for Boobs -- my best friend Veronica ( who died Of Breast Cancer 18 year ago.)must be laughling somewhere in Heaven.

Pam

betsy.penzone wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Saturday, 17 April 2010, 12:48 PM

Fabulous quilt for a terrific cause.  Kudos to you.

Steff wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 1:05 AM

We quilters have such a opportunity to actually have fun when raising money for terrible diseases... great quilt, great cause and I hope you raised more than just a few heart rates :)

Thanks for sharing!

Adele wrote re: "Bowling for Boobs!" by Mary Williams
on Friday, 4 June 2010, 10:07 PM

OMG i just love this quilt great job !!