"Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger

Here is a quilt I made for our 4th son (50th birthday gift) in Oct.  It was so fun to make because he is an outdoorsman and lives where the deer and bear are in his back yard.  He is also a photographer of the outdoors.  This was the first large picture to quilt.  I usually do smaller pictures.  Hope you enjoy it.

Fran

Check out my new blog.   http://fdondelinger.blogspot.com

Comments

Valerie wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Sunday, 28 February 2010, 9:28 PM

That is a beautiful quilt and so realistic! No doubt he will love and cherish it.

Kris wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Sunday, 28 February 2010, 9:57 PM

Fran,

this is wonderful. You did an amazing job. I bet your son loves it.

Nana wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Sunday, 28 February 2010, 10:44 PM

Fran beautiful quilt.  I bet your son loves it.

Kathy wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 7:14 AM

I am very impressed.  It is just beautiful and I know your son will love it.  I just love the wildlife quilts.  Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 10:57 AM

This quilt is absolutely beautiful.  You can see all the love quilted in it.  Your son is very lucky to get this.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

gini wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 11:02 AM

fran   your quilt is beautiful  gini

Janice wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 11:53 AM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt.I just love the way you designed it to look like something you would see in nature. Your son is a very lucky man !

jay-marie wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 2:30 PM

What a wonderful quilt I love anything to do with animals.

Judy Iliff wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 10:35 PM

You continue to do beautiful work, Fran! I'll bet your son loved it!

Patti wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Tuesday, 2 March 2010, 6:26 AM

I love the changing shades in the blue sky.  Looks so real.  The animals, the moon, the trees.  I love realistic nature quilts.  Very nicely done.

Marge (AKA Dimples) wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Tuesday, 2 March 2010, 1:05 PM

Beautiful work.  What a locky son you have.

Pat Jackson wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Tuesday, 2 March 2010, 3:16 PM

Wow-what an awesome quilt!  Your son is blessed to have a thoughtful and talented mom!

Gagoo wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Wednesday, 3 March 2010, 4:14 PM

Fran, great job, what a lucky son!!!!

Pat wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Wednesday, 3 March 2010, 7:08 PM

Fran, how could anyone not love this quilt, it is just beautiful.  I love the quilts with nature in them.  You  did just a wonderful job on it.  Your son in so lucky to have you.  Thank you for sharing with us.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 7:58 PM

Fran--

Your quilt is spectacular and I'm sure your son will treasure it.

SilverMine wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Friday, 5 March 2010, 3:35 PM

Your son won't like it. What you need to do is send it to me!!! Only kidding! It is SPECTACULAR and he has to like it. Like others have already said, how could he not like it?? It is beautiful.

DeeFee wrote re: "Great Outdoors Quilt" by Fran Dondelinger
on Tuesday, 16 March 2010, 9:07 AM

Such a work of art.  You really have a great gift.