"Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen

This is my first and only finished quilt. It was made in 2008 after the death of my niece and nephew's 3 month old son Ethan in Oct. 2007 from SIDS. It was presented to them at the one year anniversary of his new life in heaven. The pattern that I used was "Lucky Stars" from Atkinson Designs.

Comments

jay-marie wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 9:16 AM

Mary Ellen

How sad about little Ethan but I bet his parents treasure this quilt and it lets his parents hold him in a sense. What a terrible tragedy it puts into place the things that we consider "problems".

jay-marie wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 9:17 AM

Mary Ellen

I forgot to say it is a beautiful quilt and I love the color combination. I hope you will continue to make many more quilts.

gini wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 11:21 AM

mary ellen, how sad, but what a special quilt in little ethan's memory.   beautiful quilt.   gini

Nana wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 11:34 AM

Mary Ellen your quilt is gorgeous.  How bitter sweet.  I feel sure little Ethan's parents cherish the quilt and all the memories it represents.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 12:45 PM

Mary Ellen--so sad about your nephew Ethan, but what a wonderful keepsake for his family. Take care.

Emma wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Friday, 19 February 2010, 3:27 PM

Quilts "from the heart" are so special! Beautiful job and may God bless you and your families.

MNnancy wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Friday, 19 February 2010, 9:27 PM

What a neat pattern to showcase the pictures, and the colors you chose are so vibrant and cheery.  Beautiful memory quilt!

Jutta wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Saturday, 20 February 2010, 10:16 AM

Mary Ellen, that is a beautiful quilt you have made. So sorry about little Ethan.

Bonnie wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Saturday, 20 February 2010, 11:27 PM

I am so sorry about Ethan.  You are such a blessed and giving aunt to do such a beautiful quilt with all your heart and soul.  God bless you and yours.

carolhull2000 wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Friday, 26 February 2010, 1:18 PM

having lost three of our seven sons I can tell you from experience that your beautiful quilt will soothe the pain-just knowing that they were a part of so many peoples hearts will bring peace. Blessings, Carol

Gagoo wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Saturday, 27 February 2010, 5:15 PM

Beautiful colors, Mary Ellen. What a beautiful little one. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Kathy wrote re: "Little Angel Ethan Edward" by Mary Ellen
on Monday, 1 March 2010, 7:20 AM

What a wonderful idea.  They can hang it to see all the time or pull out and wrap themselves in him when they want to.  The quilt is beautiful too.  Nice gift.