"Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris

This is a memory quilt I made for my son for Christmas.  When I flew him back from from the West Coast for my father's final illness, I told him that was his Christmas present.  However, I wanted him to have something to open on Christmas Day.  When I saw Kaufman's BSA fabric, I knew it would be the perfect background for the wall-hanging.  I printed out the pictures on printable fabric, and appliqued his patches to the quilt.  I added pins from his cub scout achievements to the right of his cub scout picture.  The picture on the lower left was taken in Berlin before the wall came down.  We were stationed at Ramstein Air Base and the troop he was in went to Berlin for the Historical Trail.  The Berlin Wall came down about six months later.  I often joked that the troop was NATO's secret weapon. The label on the back was machine embroidered then sewn onto the back.  I'm pleased to say that it came as a total surprise to him.
Chris

Comments

jay-marie wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 9:19 AM

Chris

What a wonderful idea and he will treasure the memories it holds.

Heather Stockton wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 9:57 AM

What a great idea, my grand daughter is in Guides in Australia.

you have done a wonderful job Chris.

gini wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 11:18 AM

kris, what a wonderful quilt for your son..      gini

gini wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 11:19 AM

chris, what a wonderful quilt for your son.  and the background fabric ias great.   gini

Nana wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 11:37 AM

Chris I love your quilt.  My son was also in scouts and  my DH and I are both committee members.  This quilt will always hold a place of honor in your son's life.

Anita wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Thursday, 18 February 2010, 9:03 PM

Kris what a wonderful quilt for your son. Great job

Bonnie wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Saturday, 20 February 2010, 11:30 PM

What a beautiful quilt and so full of wonderful memories for your son.

Bonnie wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Saturday, 20 February 2010, 11:30 PM

What a beautiful quilt and so full of wonderful memories for your son.

Traci wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Monday, 22 February 2010, 1:01 PM

What a wonderful gift.  Both of my sons were Eagle scouts.  I am going to try to find that fabric too.  I would love to do something like that for them.

Traci wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Monday, 22 February 2010, 1:01 PM

Gagoo wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Saturday, 27 February 2010, 5:13 PM

Chris,

What a great idea, I'm sure your son will treasure it forever. Sorry to hear about your father. Prayers.

joyce wrote re: "Cub Scout Memory Quilt" by Chris
on Friday, 5 March 2010, 4:56 PM

Loved the quilt. My husband, son, and grandson all are members of the Order Of the Arrow. My son is an Eagle Scout and my grandson will son be an Eagle Scout. I would love to find that fabric so that I can do the wall quilt for my grandson when he graduates from high school.

Joyce from Illinois