"John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel

Granddaughter told me she wanted John Deere Tractor decorations for her new (first) baby BOY,   Baby due in March, granddaughter on bed rest now, lots of problems.  Baby wanting to come now.  Baby Shower tomorrow,  1-31-10.  Quilt is ready,  This Great Grandma, praying Baby will wait, and get here first of March.  Granddaughter will not deliver, due to Car Wreck and back broke when younger.  Still got to make the curtains for Baby's room.  No problem, just John Deere Tractors material in brown background.   Embroidery machine made this quilt easy.

Comments

gini wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 12:40 AM

laura, i love it, what a great quilt for a little boy. are all the tractors embroidered?    gini

Kris wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 12:49 AM

What a nice quilt. I wish baby and mom all the best.

laura wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 9:51 AM

Yes all tractors embroidered.  Probably the easiest quilt I have made.  Feb. 9th, Baby still waiting (Thank God)

Laura

Nana wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 10:20 AM

Laura your quilt is so sweet.  I love John Deere tractors.  I pray that mom and baby both do well.

jay-marie wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 8:43 PM

Laura what a great quilt for a baby boy and I hope and pray all goes well please let us know when baby arrives

Bonnie wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Sunday, 14 February 2010, 11:27 AM

What a lucky great-grandson, he will love it.  I have one myself (15 mo old) and anything I make him he carries around with him.  I pray for you, mom and baby for a safe delivery.  God Bless.

Jutta wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Sunday, 14 February 2010, 9:04 PM

The quilt is adorable. Congrats on your new family addition.

laura wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Wednesday, 17 February 2010, 2:44 PM

Thank you everyone.  Feb. 17th, baby still safe inside.  Appreciate all the comments, and prayers,   laura

Gagoo wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Saturday, 27 February 2010, 5:09 PM

What a sweet quilt, prayers for your granddaughter

laura wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Thursday, 4 March 2010, 9:41 AM

Just an update, March 4th, baby still inside, and we are all so grateful.  Baby will make arrival on March 18th for sure.  Grandma (RN) having to tell daughter to be patient now, as daughter getting tired.  Baby will be putting on weight this last few weeks.  Everyone thanks again for all the prayers.  This has been a struggle since  day one.

laura wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Friday, 12 March 2010, 1:32 PM

Hey:  Everyone,  BABY  Benton, here came wed. March 10th, doing great.  He just won't wait till the 18th.   OHHHHHHHH, he didn't need to, weighted 7 lbs. 7 oz.  and mother and baby fine.

Thank you all for your prayers.    Laura

Stephanie wrote re: "John Deere Tractor Quilt" by Laura Driesel
on Friday, 12 March 2010, 7:40 PM

Laura, What a treasure. My FIL would have loved this so much. He used to take my son when he was little around on his tractor. Brings back some happy memories. I'm so happy that you were able to finish it before  baby Benton was born. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.