"Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser

This is a quilt I saw a photo of in an old magazine but no pattern. I worked it out on EQ6. It's the first quilt I've made for myself. It's only the top but it's the largest quilt I've pieced, my first on-point quilt & by far the most triangles I've attepted.

ew

Comments

KELLYL wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 31 January 2010, 7:52 PM

Beautiful. It even matches my new room. Great minds think alike.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 31 January 2010, 8:00 PM

Excellent job!! Love the colors...also makes me want EQ6!

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 31 January 2010, 8:00 PM

Excellent job!! Love the colors...also makes me want EQ6!

Kris wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 31 January 2010, 10:14 PM

I love it Debbie. You did a wonderful job on it.

Lilian wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 31 January 2010, 11:44 PM

Very nice quilt, Debbie.  Congratulations on taking it from computer to the real thing.  I'm finishing up a QU class with Fran Gonzalez on EQ6.  It is very addictive.  I'm working on the QCA Dear Jane quilt project and using the mock up to 'plug in" my finished blocks.  It will take a while to fill in the whole grid.  :)

Lilian

Pat wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 1 February 2010, 1:21 AM

Beautiful quilt Debbie!!  The colors are outstanding.

Stephanie wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 1 February 2010, 7:02 AM

Beautiful job Debbie, and I love to see the big happy smile. You did a great job, and I too want to say congrat's on taking this from computer to finish.

Joni wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 1 February 2010, 7:59 AM

Thanks Debbie, especially for being in the picture with your awesome quilt!  Great job!

Nana wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 1 February 2010, 10:24 AM

Debbie I love your quilt.  You have done an awesome job.  I wish I understood my EQ6 better.  But one day I will figure it all out.

Pat wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 1 February 2010, 1:52 PM

Beautiful quilt - now I have some incentive to learn EQ6.  Thanks for sharing.

Joanne wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 1 February 2010, 11:12 PM

Debbie, that quilt is amazing.  Kudos to you for your first large quilt, mastering EQ6 and your first on point quilt.  Stunning!!!

Patti wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Tuesday, 2 February 2010, 8:15 AM

Wow Debbie, it even looks better on a bed, and good shot of you beside it!  It's been fun watching it grow.  Thanks.

Melody Lee wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Wednesday, 3 February 2010, 6:35 AM

That is simply beautiful.  I really like the pattern.  Great job.

Thea wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Thursday, 4 February 2010, 12:39 PM

Debby, Your quilt is awesome and you did a beautiful job!  I don't use the EQ programs - still do everything on graft paper - but from what i see is a good program for you!  Awesome again!

God bless,

Thea

Wanetta State wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Friday, 5 February 2010, 8:44 PM

Excellent! You will sleep well under that quilt. Enjoy it!

Kathy wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Saturday, 6 February 2010, 7:38 AM

Just beautiful.  You have to finish it.

BonnieMac wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 7 February 2010, 11:02 AM

What a wonderful quilt!   And, good for you for keeping it!   I have a very large family and make lots of quilts for baby christenings, wedding showers, wedding days, etc. and I very seldom have the time to keep a quilt for me!   I am so happy that you kept one for yourself!

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Tuesday, 9 February 2010, 1:27 PM

Debbie--

So nice to see your finished "Arctic Star".  You did a wonderful job on it and it looks just right on your bed.  Have you worked out a quilting plan for it?  Hope you'll post pics of that stage too.

laura wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 12:10 PM

beautiful , love the blue

Bonnie wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 14 February 2010, 11:35 AM

BEAUTIFUL QUILT!!  You did an awesome job.  Congrats on all the firsts' with it and on keeping it for yourself.

Jutta wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Sunday, 14 February 2010, 9:11 PM

Very nice job. Those colors look very "icy" and soothing.

Jaci Emerson wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Thursday, 25 February 2010, 8:25 PM

Wonderful quilt, and great use of value!  Love it!

Gagoo wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Saturday, 27 February 2010, 5:06 PM

Beautiful choice of colors! Love that you used black, makes everything POP

Gagoo wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Saturday, 27 February 2010, 5:06 PM

Beautiful choice of colors! Love that you used black, makes everything POP

quiltnh@comcast.net wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Friday, 19 March 2010, 2:01 AM

Beautiful quilt. Beautiful choice of colors.  I just got EQ6.  You enspire me to get going to learn more about it to create my next quilt.

Ruth wrote re: "Arctic Star" by Debbie Keiser
on Monday, 17 May 2010, 10:36 PM

I think your quilt is just too wonderful for words!!!!! My hubby really likes the pattern and wants me to make one for us! I told him I need a pattern first and some lessons(ha ha ha I just started to make quilts).. I really love your quilt.. someday hopefully  I will be able to make one like yours, Ruth