"Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne

I have a Block of the Month to share with all of you. It measures 86 x 110.  I really learned a lot from making this quilt, and it is the first queen size quilt that I have made.  Hope you enjoy looking at it as I do.

Joanne

Comments

Nana wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Wednesday, 13 January 2010, 10:37 PM

Love your quilt.  I haven't done a BOM yet but think they look like alot of fun.  Very pretty colors and fabrics.

Katherine "Sue" McGarry wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Wednesday, 13 January 2010, 11:40 PM

It is beautiful

gini wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 1:12 AM

joanne, you did  an outstanding job.  beautiful quilt.     gini

Kris wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 2:11 AM

Beautiful Joanne. Thanks for sharing.

Pat wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 7:34 AM

Beautiful quilt and the colors are perfect.  What block of the month club offered this pattern?

Thanks for sharing,

Pat

jay-marie wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 8:29 AM

What a stunning quilt Joanne you have chosen beautiful colors and made a fantastic quilt.

marilyn wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 11:15 AM

Beautiful quilt, your colors are a great choice

MNnancy wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 7:20 PM

Beautiful, Joanne!  Did you then machine quilt it yourself or take it to someone?

Stephanie wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 14 January 2010, 11:22 PM

Absolutely flat out gorgeous joanne!

Joni wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Friday, 15 January 2010, 11:17 AM

WOW!  what a beautiful work!  Is it a kit or did you design it yourself?  Just lovely.

Joni wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Friday, 15 January 2010, 11:17 AM

OOPS! Dumb question...a BOM!

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Friday, 15 January 2010, 8:59 PM

Joanne--

Your quilt is very lovely.  I'm in the last stages of a BOM quilt (designed by Judi Rothermel) which I hope to finish by the end of next month.  I've received the final block, but with the holidays and a recent vacation, plus work on the Mystery Quilt from this site, I got a little side-tracked.  I love the fabrics in your quilt.  Who is the manufacturer and designer?  Thanks for sharing.

Joanne wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Saturday, 16 January 2010, 10:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments.   Like I previously said this was my very first large quilt, so I had some stress while making it...I could not believe how well it turned out.  I was looking through some of the information to answer some of your questions and I could not find out who designed it in my info...but the the design is Called " In Bloom" The fabric is by Simon's Isle...I did not quilt it myself, my free motion skills are not that good yet, so I sent it to a lady called Debra McCracken, in Castlegar B.C.  She did a fantastc design on the quilt, I was very pleased.

Pat wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Saturday, 16 January 2010, 1:02 PM

Joanne,  What a stunning quilt!!!  Just beautiful!   Thanks for sharing.

Jean wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Saturday, 16 January 2010, 2:06 PM

Very beautiful, Joanne, and I love your choice of colors!

judi wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Saturday, 16 January 2010, 7:40 PM

I love this quilt.  The colors are great.  Nice job.

Kelley wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Saturday, 16 January 2010, 9:36 PM

Very nice...joanne.. the colors are great..

BonnieMac wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Sunday, 17 January 2010, 12:46 PM

This quilt is stunning!  I have never attempted a BOM...but after seeing your success I just might try one soon!

Jutta wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Sunday, 17 January 2010, 8:52 PM

Great job Joanne. It is a beautiful quilt and very nice to look at.

Pamela Windspirit wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Monday, 18 January 2010, 9:51 AM

What an incredibly beautiful quilt!  You did a great job!

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Monday, 18 January 2010, 12:58 PM

Very pretty!

Jeri Matthews wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 9:17 AM

Absolutely gorgeous!

Quilter79 wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Friday, 5 February 2010, 8:13 AM

This is a beautiful quilt and the yellow makes it sparkle.  Great job.

laura wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Wednesday, 10 February 2010, 9:56 AM

Love this quilt, Beautiful, Have never done a Block of the Month Quilt,  YET,  lol,   laura

sherry ann wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Friday, 5 March 2010, 4:56 PM

love your quilt its beautiful

Charla wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Tuesday, 16 March 2010, 7:18 PM

Your quilt is so beautiful, love the colors!

Emma.Bell1110 wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Thursday, 29 April 2010, 2:19 PM

Love this quilt! I like using earth tones too. Did you used a pattern or make it up from scratch? I am a new quilter and have been looking for helpful sites and blog to share information, quilt patterns and fabric ideas etc.  I found a great website where you can download quilt patterns that are unique and creative patterns.  In fact, they have a great selection of all types of quilt patterns, kits and just about everything.  The site is http://www.toadusew.com.

Wendy Gordon wrote re: "Block of the Month Quilt by Joanne
on Saturday, 15 May 2010, 7:26 PM

I love your quilt, love the colours.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  Wendy from Australia