"Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster

Attached are pictures of the quilt I made for my son Tommy for Christmas.  The focus fabric is WWI & WWII airplanes which are his favorite.

Here are 2 detail shots:

Comments

Stephanie wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 12:00 AM

Patti, What a great gift for your son. My older brother loved planes so much when he was younger,

had so many "model" planes. He recently retired as Col. in the Air Force and was involved in the engineering of the Stealth Bomber and The Star Wars Project which detects missiles coming in to the US. You never know where kids passions will lead.  The fabric is awesome in detail and I'm sure your son must just love this.

gini wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 12:30 AM

patti, great quilt. i bet tommy loved it.  gini

Kris wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 12:59 AM

Very nice Patti. I really like your sashing.

Pat wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 8:00 AM

Beautiful quilt, great that you were able to find material with a special person in mind.  Thanks for sharing.

Pat

Patti wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 9:01 AM

My father-in-law flew some of those planes in WWII.  He would love that quilt too.

Nana wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Wednesday, 13 January 2010, 1:23 AM

The quilt is very handsome and I bet every young man would like one.....you know how young men are with airplanes and cars.........

Joanne wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Wednesday, 13 January 2010, 1:41 AM

Patti, I bet your son just loved the quilt....nice job

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Friday, 15 January 2010, 9:11 PM

Patti--

I'll bet Tommy was "flying high" when he received this wonderful quilt.  You did a great job on it.

Jean wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Saturday, 16 January 2010, 2:15 PM

Very nice quilt, Patti, and great use of a "theme" fabric!

Jutta wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Sunday, 17 January 2010, 9:22 PM

Great quilt. Your son must have been thrilled to get this beautiful gift.

Marge Campbell wrote re: "Tommy's Airplane Quilt" by Patti Webster
on Monday, 18 January 2010, 1:02 PM

What a neat quilt for a boy!