"Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts

This is a quilt that I made for my sister-in-law.  The kaleidoscope fabric was so captivating, it reminded me of the many facets of her.

Marla Vagts

Comments

gini wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 6:15 PM

marla,  beautiful   i love the colors.    is it a stack and whack?     gini

Patti wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 8:18 PM

Looks like a Paula Nadelstern type kaleidoscope quilt.  Much more complicated and many more pieces than the usual stack and whack.  I have one kaleidoscope that I am making into a wall hanging with embellishment.  To make a whole quilt of these is quite an undertaking.  A lot of work to get those mirror images in the kaleidoscope.  If it is stack and whack it would still be dozens of pieces per each block.

I have her snow flake kaleidoscope quilt book too and hope to do one of those some day.

Magnificent job.  One of the most intricate quilts I have seen on this site yet.

Edith wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 9:08 PM

I have to agree. This is one of the most interesting quilts I have ever seen. I just love it.

I have gone to quite a few quilt shows and have never seen any like it.

Have you considered putting it in a show.

What a tremendous amount of work.

Excellent job.

Edith from Canada

Nana wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 9:47 PM

Marla your quilt is amazing.  I love the colors and the blocks are unbelievable.  Where did you find the pattern.  Excellent work with astonishing results.

Stephanie wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 11:00 PM

Marla, Are the fabrics from Benartex Nuance Kaleidoscope Collection? They are gorgeous, and you did a beautiful job with your quilt. I'm sure your sister in law will love it!

Kris wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 11:07 PM

Gorgeous quilt Marla. I love it.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 2:01 PM

Your quilt is exquisite. Your sister-in-law is lucky to get this!

Jean wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 2:27 PM

Beautiful quilt and great workmanship Marla.  One challenge I haven't done yet but would like to attempt.

BonnieMac wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 5:03 PM

Your sister-in-law must be really excited to receive this wonderful quilt!   This is a really nice job!

Cecile wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Friday, 8 January 2010, 4:54 PM

Wow... Marla, this one is eye-popping!  Looks very complicated.  Nice job!

Jutta wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Sunday, 17 January 2010, 9:53 PM

Wow, wow....... this is one amazing quilt. I love the fabric and the colors. I agree with Cecile.....it is eye-popping and it looks very complicated.

MarlaV wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Monday, 18 January 2010, 11:09 AM

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments.  It is not at all compicated--Benartex Nuance Kaleidoscope Collection makes the piecing so easy.  It was a free pattern that I found through the Hancocks and Paducah catalog--I changed it from square to rectangular from the pattern.

missrichfield@yahoo.com wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Thursday, 28 January 2010, 10:56 AM

Wow!  I TOTALLY LOVE THIS QUILT!  Its just beautiful!  You are so kind and generous to make this for your sister-in-law!  Really, really lovely!  Way to go Marla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

babes@mncable.net wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 11:40 PM

I absolutely love kaleidoscopic designs in quilting.  I think your finished product was stunning.  Was it a Stack and Whack pattern?  Irregardless Marla, it is full of the 'WOW' factor from my perspective.  Great job!!  Your SIL is one lucky recipient.

babes@mncable.net wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 11:40 PM

babes@mncable.net wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Friday, 9 April 2010, 11:41 PM

lynnb wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 1:10 PM

You have done a wonderful job.  I really like the effect you achieved and the colors.  Your sister in law will love it.

jay-marie wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 1:59 PM

I love this quilt one of my friends wants to do a kalidescope pattern ans I must show her yours.

Pat wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Monday, 24 May 2010, 2:51 PM

Wow, what a beautiful quilt.  How many hours did it take you to make?  Looks like quite an undertaking.  Thanks for sharing.

Rhonda Laws wrote re: "Kaleidoscope" by Marla Vagts
on Friday, 7 January 2011, 3:33 PM

I soooooo want to make a Kaleidoscope quilt and I have the ruler but don't know where to start...suggestions? Online pattern? Do I really need to buy ANOTHER book?