"60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom

I made this quilt for my Mother & Father-in-law for their 60th Anniversary. I  raided their photo stash,  scanned them  into my computer and printed them out on fabric. This was my first quilt using photo prints. I combined different techniques to come up with the looks I wanted. On the top and bottom I printed on fabric to create a banner and on the sides I used a stencil and fabric paint. On the 4 corners I used gold bias to create the double rings. I had to get creative as I went to put the different block sizes together since I didn't have a final plan in place when I started.

Comments

gini wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Monday, 4 January 2010, 4:43 PM

even with no plan it turned out well.   mine never seem to go together without a lot of planning    thanks for sharing    gini

Kris wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Monday, 4 January 2010, 5:13 PM

Beautiful quilt. You did a wonderful job. I love the gold rings in the corners.

Patti wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Monday, 4 January 2010, 6:07 PM

What a fantastic anniversary quilt.  It will be a family heirloom for sure.  I love the way you incorporated the pictures, with different quilt blocks, trim, the gold wedding rings.  Had it been all planned from the  beginning, it wouldn't look near so nice.

Nana wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Monday, 4 January 2010, 7:00 PM

Wow.  Beautiful quilt.  I love the way you also used newspaper clippings and the golden wedding rings just complete the quilt.  You did a fantastic job.

Kathy wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 7:50 AM

What a wonderful way to keep memories.  Love it.  Great job too!

Joni wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 12:04 PM

Marvelous treasure!

CJ Hines wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 1:14 PM

What a wonderful keepsake. I'm sure they will love it.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 8:06 PM

Your anniversary quilt is awesome and I'm sure your in-laws will treasure it.

Jutta wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 11:12 PM

That is a very original gift. I love your quilt! I am sure they are thrilled getting such a wonderful gift.

Barb wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 11:15 PM

What a wonderful family treasure you created ~ I wish my DIL or D quilted! What a great daughter-in-law you are!

Barb

Jean wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 2:37 PM

Wow, what a beautiful family heirloom for your parents and congrats on their 60 year together!!  My parents 60th is coming up in two years so maybe if I get started now and my siblings co-operate in getting requested offerings of photos and such from them, I can have one done that I've been planning for my parents.  I love your borders and the double golden rings in the corners!!

Marge Campbell wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Monday, 11 January 2010, 8:21 PM

Just beautiful!!!!

Gramma Di wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Sunday, 17 January 2010, 1:54 PM

Beautiful!!! My parents celebrated their 60th anniversary 2 1/2 years ago and I have been saying for several years that I need to make a quilt for them.  My mom died on Dec. 15, 2009 and I never got the quilt done.  (It has been started in my mind many times.)   My dad is still living at the age of nearly 88 years so I should get busy and make a quilt as a tribute to my parents and a family heirloom to pass down to grand and great grand family members.   Thanks for the inspiration by sharing your successful project.

Noemi Sanchez wrote re: "60th Anniversary Quilt" by Mom
on Tuesday, 16 March 2010, 7:57 PM

Wow, what a beautiful idea!  How do you print on fabric?  I didn't know that it was possible.  My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in November and this is a really nice project to do for them.