“Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen

I created this Bargello quilt by enlarging an existing pattern and adding rows and borders to suit.  The quilt is made mostly of Bali fabrics and the colours were chosen to reflect the wedding couple's love of water.   The finished size is 92 x 84".

Comments

Nana wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Friday, 1 January 2010, 9:59 PM

Cecile Your quilt is gorgeous.  I love the colors you chose.  It feels very much like ocean waves....beautiful

gini wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 12:47 AM

cecile, this is one of the prettiest bargello quilts i have seen.   i love the way you've positioned your fabrics and  i rellly like the teensy splash of purple.   beautiful   gini

Kris wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 12:59 AM

Fantastic quilt Cecile. What a wonderful wedding present.

Eileen wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 7:09 AM

This is absolutely gorgeous! Bargellos are simply stunning and yours is a great example - love the colors!!

Sharon wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 10:28 AM

Your quilt is quite exotic in feel. I love it.

Joni wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 10:42 AM

Gorgeous quilt, saw this one completed in LQS, in black,oranges, pink, purple.

Helen Bell wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 3:15 PM

beautiful quilt...love the colours

Barb wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 4:46 PM

What a beautiful quilt! A very lucky bride and groom ~ sure wish quilting was big 48 years ago when we got married. Awesome job Cecile!

Barb, Mn

Pat wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 8:51 PM

Beautiful quilt, wonderful choice of colors.  I am sure that the bride and groom will love their new quilt.  Thanks for sharing.

Patti wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Saturday, 2 January 2010, 10:48 PM

I love the blues, and other colors.  It does give one the feeling of warm soothing waves.  Tropical island sort of feeling.

Absolutely beautiful.

Dena wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Sunday, 3 January 2010, 5:15 PM

what a gorgeous quilt -- one of my goals is a bargello quilt

Sydna wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Sunday, 3 January 2010, 9:19 PM

How beautiful!!!

marilyn wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Sunday, 3 January 2010, 9:25 PM

Gorgeous quilt, really a good color choice, I don't know if I could give this quilt away.  I would have to have visiting rights to it.

Kathy wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 7:48 AM

What a beautiful quilt.  I am thinking of making quilts for our married children for next Christmas and this would be a great one for our son and his wife.  They love to surf but haven't had lots of time to do it in the last few years.  Thanks for sharing

Cecile wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 3:20 PM

Thanks for all your kind comments.

I really enjoyed making this one - and it WAS very difficult to part with.

I encourage anyone who's been thinking of making a Bargello to jump in.  They're really quite simple and come together very quickly.

Jutta wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 11:16 PM

Just beautiful. I love your color choices and the pattern looks like waves. Just lovely.

Edith wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Wednesday, 6 January 2010, 9:04 PM

Oh My

This is a very striking quilt.

What a beautiful job you did.

One of my favs. Bargello.

Thankyou so much for sharing.

Edith from Canada

Jean wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Thursday, 7 January 2010, 2:43 PM

Cecile, what a gorgeous quilt!  Love the colors and the feeling it gives me of waves in the ocean.

Jeri Matthews wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 9:31 AM

A stunning quilt. I haven't tackled Bargello, but after seeing this I may give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Judy wrote re: “Sonia & Philippe’s Wedding Quilt” by Cecile Allen
on Sunday, 17 October 2010, 9:48 AM

Oh my gosh that is absolutely beautiful! This is the first Bargello I've truly loved. Great job.