"Picnic Quilt" by Gini

this started out as a picnic quilt and evolved into a wall hanging. it is going in my aunt and uncles' new restaurant.  they haven't seen it yet.    i hope they like it.    gini

Comments

Kris wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 9:07 PM

They will love it Gini. Perfect for hanging in a restaurant.

gini wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 11:24 PM

i gave it to lisa yesterday,    she was very pleased with it.    i even got hangers for it so my uncle doesn't have to go out and find something to hang it with.   they were over for dinner tonight. it's the first ime they've been out and about since they opened their restaurant.    she doesn't know it yet, but i have another quilt up my sleeve for her.     gini

Rosemarie Andrako wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 7:50 AM

Gina, Your making me hungry for watermelon! Great job! Were did you get the pattern I would like to make my mother one for her birthday?

Rose from Monongahela

gini wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 9:10 AM

rose,  i'll hunt for it tomorrow.   gini

Eileen wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 9:34 AM

Gini, glad you posted to Show & Tell!  All, see if you can spot the mouse enjoying its own picnic.

Stephanie wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 9:55 AM

Gini, This is adorable. I love the border too and after zooming, I did see the mouse! You can clue us in on  your next quilt for Lisa can't you? We won't tell.

Nana wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Thursday, 10 December 2009, 2:43 PM

Gini

This is perfect for a restaurant.  Love the mouse.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Saturday, 12 December 2009, 8:47 PM

Gini--

Your watermelon quilt is terrific and the perfect decoration for a restaurant!

Marie wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 7:06 PM

Gini, perfect!  Did you applique all those delicious water mellon pieces on it?  And the swirllies all around it?

gini wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 7:41 PM

marie, yes, i  hand appliqued the slices and the vines.   i machine quilted the black and hand quilted the red and around the vines.      gini

Jutta wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Thursday, 31 December 2009, 5:40 PM

gini, that is adorable. The mouse is just too cute nibbling on a piece of melon. I am guessing the seeds are little french knots. What a great gift.

gini wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Thursday, 31 December 2009, 5:44 PM

jutta, the seeds are buttons.   gini

Pensch80@aol.com wrote re: "Picnic Quilt" by Gini
on Saturday, 20 March 2010, 12:37 PM

Gini, that is such an adorable quilt.  Really would love to get the pattern.  My kitchen/dining area is done in a watermelon theme and Ithink that would make a great table cover.  Would you mind sharing the pattern?