"Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas

I finally finished a Dresden Plate quilt for my mother-in-law. She was a quilter like me but health issues from diabetes prevents her from sewing now. I hope she likes the quilt, that it keeps her warm and that she remembers how much I love her every time she wraps herself in it.

The blocks are all hand pieced but it's all machine quilted. Let me know what you think of it.

Peg Yruegas

Comments

Leslie wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 4:21 AM

Peg, very pretty

gini wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 12:16 PM

peg, that is one of the prettiest dresden plates i have seen    nice job.  i know your mother-in-law will love it.     gini

nursie76 wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 12:43 PM

Very pretty! Great work. What a wonderful daughter-in-law you are! I love the colors and the setting.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 2:24 AM

Peg--

Your Dresden Plate is lovely and I'm certain your MIL will be delighted with it.  Having been a quilter she'll have a true appreciation of the labor of love that it represents.

Shelia wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 7:40 AM

Your quilt is very pretty and I bet your MIL will love it.

Nana wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 7:52 AM

Your Dresden Plate is very pretty and I really like the border fabric.  Your mil will love it

Eileen wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 2:26 PM

Peg, this is lovely. Like others, I like the border fabric.  The scrappy look of each plate is nice, too - great colors.  Wonderful idea to make such a beauty for a fellow quilter.

Jutta wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Friday, 27 November 2009, 4:49 PM

Peg, this is one beautiful quilt. You did an outstanding job. Your mother-in-law is going to love it.

Kris wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Friday, 27 November 2009, 6:44 PM

This is lovely Peg. Your MIL will definitely love it. What a great gift.

carolp612 wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Friday, 27 November 2009, 8:48 PM

Beautiful!  Your Mother-in-Law will love the quilt.  Quite a labor of love - very nice!  Carol

Gagoo wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Saturday, 28 November 2009, 3:22 PM

Very pretty, you are such a loving DIL. I know she will love it.

CJ Hines wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 12:18 PM

Some Dresden plate quilts I've seen are just too cutesy--but yours is gorgeous! I love the fabrics and the colors you used--and I'm sure your mother-in-law will love it!

CJ Hines wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 12:20 PM

lovemyyorkie@hotmail.com wrote re: "Dresden Plate" by Peg Yruegas
on Monday, 28 March 2011, 8:35 PM

Hi Peg.  What a beautiful job you did on the Dresden Plate quilt and what a thoughtful gift you gave your mother-in-law.  I'm sure she knows the love you put into it because it shows.  You should be proud.