"Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers

My first grandson and his wife had their first baby on Aug. 24, 2009.  I had
just signed up for a "Broderie Perse" class at Quilt University and took the
opportunity to make this heirloom quilt for him.  The quilt is 24-1/2 inches
square on a black background.  I overexposed the photo so that you could see
the quilting.  The flowers are quilted with invisible thread with crystals
scattered on the wreath to add a little sparkle.  The remaining quilting is
with Rainbows variegated thread.  The instructor in the QU class was Susan
Dorchester.  Great grandson's name is Alexander James Sampson, and I will be
making a painted quilt of his face (using the Pat Blair technique) probably
before I start the Dear Jane quilt in January.

Here is a detail shot of the center:

Lilian Myers

Comments

Leslie wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 4:23 AM

WOW Very pretty

gini wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 12:20 PM

lilian, i'm with leslie, WOW.   the entire quilt is 24 inches?  it is beautiful and the quilting. again, WOW.  your broderie perse is  great too.   i love the butterflies that you've added.   what a special grandmother little alexander has.   gini

marilyn wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 3:11 PM

Just beautiful.  I'm sure they will love this special quilt.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 2:29 AM

Lillian--

Your quilt is amazing and you are extremely talented and creative.  Look forward to seeing your next quilt with the painted face of little Alexander.

Dale wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 4:19 AM

Beautiful, just beautiful.  Thank you for sharing your talent.

Nana wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 7:49 AM

WOW.  Beautiful quilt and I love the picture in the center.  Awesome work.  Would love to see more of your quilts.

Eileen wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 11:33 AM

Lilian, this is absolutely wonderful! What a special gift - you truly are a "great" grandmother. I'm sure Alexander will treasure it.

Sandra wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Friday, 27 November 2009, 4:36 PM

Amazing!!! Such creativity in a very limited amount of space.

Lilian wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Friday, 27 November 2009, 9:21 PM

Gosh, ladies.  Thank you all very much.  Your comments are affirming and much appreciated.  Although I'm a Charter Member of QCA, I'm new to participating in the forums and didn't realize there was a comment section after quilts were posted.  What a pleasant surprise to read your heartwarming responses.

I loved doing this quilt.  When I first saw the photo my grandson sent, I simply had to make this for him.  A real heartfelt tribute to the occasion.

Lilian Myers

Kris wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Friday, 27 November 2009, 10:01 PM

Lilian, OMG, I'm speechless. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing

boyd-tavsanlip@thesco.com wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Thursday, 10 December 2009, 8:14 AM

I recently discovered this method and have it on my "to do"  list.  Lillian's piece is an inspiration.  It is so beautiful I cannot wait to start a piece.  Good luck with your new great grandson!

sandy7456@comcast.net wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Friday, 18 December 2009, 3:04 PM

What a great prize for your grandson.  You do great work.

Stephanie wrote re: "Broderie Perse" quilt by Lilian Myers
on Thursday, 15 April 2010, 11:19 AM

Lilian, What an absolutely beautiful way to frame the mother and ggson's face. It's just stunning. And your quilting just sets the whole quilt off. I'm sure pic's don't come close to how beautiful this really is with crystals sparkling in it as well. Thanks for sharing

Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.