"Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling

Our youngest daughter and her husband recently moved to New Zealand for her to go to grad school. Halloween is her favorite holiday, but couldn ta'tke any of their decorations with them. I made this wall hanging/table topper quilt for her to help celebrate in her new home. I was able to get it done in time to be able to give it to her when we visited in October, just before Halloween. I used part of a charm pack, other halloween material, and then machine embroidered a spider, adding a web with yarn and my couching foot. It figured prominently at her Halloween party!

Comments

gini wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 12:21 PM

donna,  wonderful quilt, was it a pattern or did you make it up yourself.     i've been thinking about  making a hallowwen quilt.  this looks perfect.   gini.     love the spider

Eileen wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 12:54 PM

Donna, this is a fun quilt :-)  I like the addition of the spider & its web. I'm sure your daughter will display it proudly every Halloween if not all year.

Nana wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 11:56 PM

WOW  You have done an excellent job on this quilt.  I really love the spider and web.  Beautiful

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 2:28 AM

Donna--

What a great way to use Halloween charms!  I know your daughter is thrilled to have this quilt.

Kris wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 5:46 PM

Simply beautiful. Nice work with the spider and web.

nursie76 wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 9:49 PM

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments. I have always been fascinated by the 3-D look of the attic window pattern and just made this up as I went along. It seemed to evolve naturally because I had the 5 x 5 charms. I had just gotten my embroidery module and the couching foot, so the idea for the spider and the web seemed a great way to try both out.

Janie wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Sunday, 29 November 2009, 11:43 PM

Donna,

Great quilt!!!! I especially like the spider web.

Wendy wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Saturday, 20 March 2010, 3:04 PM

I love attic window quilts. the spider and web sure add that extra dimention

EILEENG-2 wrote re: "Halloween Perspective Wall Hanging" by Donna Pauling
on Tuesday, 1 June 2010, 11:30 AM

I love this pattern and never thought about a Halloween theme...great idea! Colors are perfectly spooooky!!