"Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener

Here is my version of "Alphabuddies" by Andover, for my 2 year old granddaughter Emily.  I bought the main alphabet fabric and some of the matching coordinates, but found that this was also a great way to use up some of my many scraps.  This is only my second quilt, and if you look closely you will see some of the patterns in the accent fabric aren't going in the right direction. I didn't notice until it was too late. Oh well - I don't think Emily will notice and practice make perfect, right?  So on to another quilt ...

Comments

gini wrote re: "Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener
on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 12:19 PM

melodie, i don't know wht you mean about some patterns going the wrong direction.  it looks perfect to me.    and it is cute.   these are the colors that i use for childrens' quilts.  you have done a beautiful job surrounding the animals and then putting them in a square on point.   love it.    gini

Eileen wrote re: "Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener
on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 12:56 PM

Melodie, this is adorable. If any grown people notice the difference in fabric, your response is "I meant to do that!" We quilters can always find our own mistakes, but they add to the uniqueness of a piece.  Congrats on quilt # 2 and keep on sewing :-)

Nana wrote re: "Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener
on Sunday, 22 November 2009, 11:53 PM

Melodie, your quilt if precious.  I feel sure your granddaughter will love it.  I'm not sure where your mistake is because it looks perfect to me.

Joyce Brenden wrote re: "Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 2:25 AM

Melodie--

"Alphabuddies" is adorable!

Boots wrote re: "Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 11:48 AM

I see no mistakes - your granddaughter will cherish it

Kris wrote re: "Alphabuddies" by Melodie Keener
on Monday, 23 November 2009, 5:45 PM

It's great Melodie. I don't see the "change" you made. I wouldn't worry about it.